fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed my CAPM exam on my first attempt - November 28, 2020

Passed my CAPM exam on my first attempt - November 28, 2020 3 years 4 months ago #24764

• Prsni Patel
  • Prsni Patel's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi everyone,

I passed my CAPM exam today on my first attempt with an Above Target in all areas! Yay! :)

Just wanted to share my experience -
I have been a Physical Therapist by profession for the last 10 years and decided to switch career paths in July, with really not a lot of experience or knowledge about PM.
I signed up for the CAPM PrepCast in August and after taking the self assessment exam (which I did HORRIBLY in!), I spent two months (roughly 2 hours a day) going through the PMBOK guide in conjunction with the video lessons.
I then spent 3 weeks studying 'CAPM Exam Prep' by Rita Mulchahy in detail; taking the practice tests at the end of each chapter as I went along.
I then retook the self-assessment exam from the PrepCast - and scored a 73% post studying.
Next, I made my own ITTO excel sheet, and tried to color code the recurring trends or outliers. After understanding all the concepts, I DID take 10 days (1 day for each knowledge area) to commit the ITTOs to memory. This helped me go through a lot of the questions in the exam with extreme ease.
Finally, I spent 3-4 weeks just taking the exams and quizzes from the CAPM Exam Simulator - all 650 of them! The most beneficial thing here was to read the descriptions of all the answer choices once the exam was done - not just the ones I got wrong - and also taking quizzes from the pool of questions that I answered wrong the first time. It really helps to cement the concepts that may be creating confusion. On average, I scored between 85% - 95% on the exams.
Lastly, in the last few days before the exam, I reviewed my concepts by re-reading the appendices - key concepts, agile considerations, and definitions.
Like others have said before, please make sure you review Agile well!

Good luck everyone! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: William Smart

Passed my CAPM exam on my first attempt - November 28, 2020 3 years 4 months ago #24770

• Linda De Boer
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
G'day Prsni,
Congratulations and thank you so much for sharing your experience to help others. :)
Linda de Boer, CAPM®
Manager of System Architecture
Owl Tree Operations Inc.
Last edit: by Linda De Boer.
Moderators: John Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login