fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Definition in CAPM exam

Definition in CAPM exam 4 years 1 month ago #19881

• Saubhagya Raizada
  • Saubhagya Raizada's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi,

This might be a lame question but is it necessary to learn definitions word by word for terms in the glossary such as Phase, Project Governance, OPM etc because there are 100s of these and mugging them word by word for CAPM exam would be close to impossible.

One thing I want to clear here is that I totally understand the Term and meaning behind it BUT my question is really to know if it is necessary to remember these word by word for CAPM exam.

Thanks in Advance!
Last edit: by Saubhagya Raizada. Reason: Typo

Definition in CAPM exam 4 years 1 month ago #19978

• Yazmine Darcy
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 9
Saubhagya,

I don't think it is about memorizing glossary terms but it is important to be familiar with terms so you are not thrown for a loop in case a term is used on a real CAPM exam question.
As you know, the questions on the CAPM® exam are all focused on the PMBOK® Guide. The CAPM exam is a knowledge-based exam vs. the PMP, which focuses on situations or scenarios and one's experience as a project manager.

For both the CAPM & the PMP exam, we recommend that students:
Study the Glossary from beginning to end. Maybe not all at once, though. Instead, review a couple of pages a day as part of your studies.

Others in this forum may have a different opinion but while I would not overly stress or panic over the glossary, at the same time I would not dismiss or skip it altogether since it is a valuable learning tool.
If an unfamiliar term comes up when you go through the glossary, it may lead you to look it up and read more about it in the PMBOK Guide. This can provide an opportunity for you to reinforce your understanding of a particular project management concept.

I hope this helps address your question.

Best of luck with your exam preparation!

--
Yazmine Darcy, MBA, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM
Director of Operations, OSP International LLC
The Project Management PrepCast™ - www.project-management-prepcast.com

The following user(s) said Thank You: Saubhagya Raizada
Last edit: by John Paul Bugarin.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinCoy Studer

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login