fbpx

Reply: Upgrade CAPM to PMP Lessons?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Upgrade CAPM to PMP Lessons?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 9 months ago #17711

Cornelius Fichtner

Good news: The Contact Hours certificate that you received for The PM PrepCast (for CAPM) are also valid for your PMP Exam.

Contact Hours NEVER expire. So when you apply for your PMP exam, you can use your Contact Hours certificate from the PrepCast and simply input the same information for PMP as you input for CAPM.
4 years 9 months ago #17709

Martin Premont

Thanks for the info

What about the study hours? Can the CAPM count for PMP or if I do the whole PMP course at the end I will qualify for the 35 hours?
4 years 9 months ago #17694

Cornelius Fichtner

Martin,

The lessons you watched for The PM PrepCast (for CAPM) are identical to the ones for PMP. So you will not need an upgrade for the video lessons. The difference is that those lessons listed as "optional" for CAPM, are now mandatory as you are preparing for your PMP.

However... the CAPM Simulator and PMP simulator are (of course) vastly different. But there is no upgrade. So you will have to purchase a new license for the PMP simulator.

Tip... we currently have a discount coupon and you can get it for 10% less by visiting www.project-management-prepcast.com/discount-coupon . And since the simulator "waits until you take your first exam" you can buy it now and just let it 'sit and wait' until you actually need it.
4 years 9 months ago #17686

Martin Premont

I cleared my CAPM last week all above target and didn't finish the PM PrepCast CAPM course since I already had other sources to learn from (which was a bit of a mistake) . I think sticking to one source is best. Do you guys offer upgrade from CAPM to PMP courses? I'm short around 400 hours of PM experience and if everything aligns I could see myself taking the PMP exam late in the fall.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login