fbpx

Reply: Do you need to take the CAPM courses to do the test?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Do you need to take the CAPM courses to do the test?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 8 months ago #14559

Cornelius Fichtner

Tim,

In order to qualify for the CAPM exam, you must meet one of the following criteria:

1. High school diploma and 1,500 hours of experience working on a project team
2. High school diploma and 23 contact hours of formal project management education

The 23 contact hours must be earned by attending a formal class. Either in-person, online/virtual, or recorded. Reading books does NOT qualify as contact hours.

But here is the good news: If you have 23 hours of formal project management education already, then you are good to go. You do not have to take a specific CAPM exam prep course. Any course that you have taken in the past, which included training on project quality, scope, time, cost, human resources, communications, risk, procurement and integration management counts for these 23 hours.

So... simply add up the hours of all the qualifying courses you took in the past. If you have more than 23 hours you are good to go!
5 years 8 months ago #14556

Tim

's Avatar

Hi,

Im starting to study for my CAPM, but I don't want to take the courses, because I just want to read the material and then do the test.

So what do you say?

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login