fbpx

Reply: CAPM exam course material

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : CAPM exam course material

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 11 months ago #13996

Cornelius Fichtner

Sandhya,

To receive your free upgrade please go ahead and follow the instructions provided on this page here: www.project-management-prepcast.com/upgr...ffer-to-our-students
5 years 11 months ago #13990

Sandhya Crasta

's Avatar

I purchased the CAPM exam content 5th edition on March 3 but when enquiring before registering , they mentioned we could get updates for 6th edition for free. I am not sure if I can sit for the exam by the deadline date for 5th edition. If i want to start preparing as if sitting for the 6th edition as per option 2 in your message then how can I do that based on the material I have? Please can you help.
5 years 11 months ago #13891

Cornelius Fichtner

Shraddha,

It is not a question of "advisable" but instead it is a question of being "feasible". The exam changes on May 21st. Therefore...

Option A: If you have already submitted your CAPM application to PMI and started your studies using PMBOK Guide FIFTH Edition, then finish your studies and take the exam before it changes.

Option B: If you are just now starting on your journey to become CAPM certified and have not yet started anything, then there is no need to put undue scheduling pressure on yourself. Instead, plan on taking the exam after May 21st based on the SIXTH edition.
5 years 11 months ago #13889

Shraddha Rathore

Thank you for the information! I have read the guidance for CAPM as present on Prepcast. plan to appear for exam - 5th edition CAPM by 18th May 2018, wanted to check if its is advisable to apply for examination by end of April? Also, which edition is better to appear, given the Agile component included in the new version- 6th or 5th edition?
5 years 11 months ago #13887

Cornelius Fichtner

Shraddha,

The CAPM Exam is a knowledge-based exam that will test your understanding of the PMBOK Guide principles. In a nutshell: to pass the exam, you must master your understanding of chapters 1-13. You are correct in saying that The PM PrepCast was primarily designed with PMP Exam candidates in mind. However, the core lessons of the PrepCast cover chapters 1-13 both for CAPM and PMP.

If you want to know the exact knowledge that you must have for the exam then please check the CAPM Handbook at www.project-management-prepcast.com/capmhb but please note that the exam is changing on May 21st and that there are currently TWO exam content outlines available. You must know yourself when you will take the exam so that you know which outline applies to you.

As part of the PrepCast for CAPM Fifth Edition (OLD CAPM Exam), we provide a list of suggested lessons to watch in the student handbook. The new PrepCast for CAPM Sixth Edition (NEW CAPM Exam) is not yet ready, but we will provide a similar list. In that way, you know exactly what to watch.
5 years 11 months ago #13886

Shraddha Rathore

Hi, My question is Prepcast CAPM course material is mainly for PMP exam, wanted to check if preparing for CAPM one has to read in such details. Is there any guidance over the depth of syllabus to be covered for CAPM?

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login