fbpx

Reply: 62% to 66% in CAPM prepcast exams

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : 62% to 66% in CAPM prepcast exams

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 1 week ago #13670

George Nuer

Good job Lynn.
6 years 1 week ago #13654

Lynn

Even though I was probably prepared enough to pass, my declining scores on the Exam Simulator prompted me to spend additional time getting "fluent" with the ITTOs. I believe this was time well spent.

I took off work the day before my exam and spent at least 13 hours populating a spreadsheet with the definitions and all ITTOs for each process. I took George's suggestion and went directly to the PMBOK. I took notes on unfamiliar tools, and I reviewed the data flow charts for each process, focusing on where the INPUTS came from and where the OUTPUTS were going.

I felt very well prepared for the exam. I only marked about 14 questions for follow up on my first pass, I finished in about 2 hours, and my score report indicated Above Target in every Domain. :-)
6 years 2 weeks ago #13605

George Nuer

Have you gone through the PMBOK Guide? If not you have to do that. I read the PMBOK and also Rita's guide and make sure you know the ITTOs very well. I developed an excel format to unable me remember the ITTOs, actually, there is no single way to learn as long as you can understand what you doing. After, I made sure I answered almost all the questions in the CAPM prepcast and took notes of the areas I was failing. Like you I was scoring 65% to 70% in the practice but I guess it was because the questions were very challenging and that was very good for studying. I passed above target yesterday. All the Best.
6 years 2 weeks ago #13603

Lynn

I feel your pain!

I worked through Rita Mulcahy's prep book first, and then used the Exam Simulator to test my preparation with a broader range of questions. I actually started out with a 79% on my first Simulator exam, but I've been frustrated as my scores have DROPPED with subsequent exams (down to 66% on my 3rd Simulator exam). It feels like the exams are getting more difficult (i.e., testing more heavily on knowing I/TT/O in minute detail), and I strongly prefer to understand knowledge than to memorize details. :-(

I did come across some very encouraging information on the CAPM Exam Simulator website. Go to My Statistics and the Exam Feedback tab. This tab takes you to a table showing ranges of 1st Attempt CAPM Simulator Scores correlated with candidates' pass rates on the actual CAPM exam. It appears to say that 81% of people who correctly answered 50-60% of their 1st attempt simulator questions have passed the CAPM on their 1st attempt. The pass rates increase to 88% for the 60-70% bracket and 94% for the 70-80% bracket. They don't even LIST any higher brackets, which might imply that hardly anyone scores consistently in that range on the prep tests. ;-)

I do think I need to put a bit more effort into learning and remembering the ITTO, but these Statistics give me some comfort. It would appear that the simulator exams may be pushing us beyond the level of ITTO proficiency that PMI actually requires of a CAPM-level candidate. At least, that's what I'd like to believe!

I'm also taking my exam this week. Good luck to you!
6 years 2 weeks ago #13591

Minghao Sun

I'm new as well. i heard better get over 80% is a good fit. First you may work on each questions you make mistake and relate area. make quick cheatsheet for it . go over all 47 processes and 816 ITTO relationship. do mock exams. more questions you do more better. good luck
6 years 2 weeks ago #13585

Aditi Ghate

Hi All,
I am reaching upto 66% in CAPM practice exam scores.I am taking PM prepcast CAM exam simulator tests. I have read Rita's CAPM exam prep twice.
I have my exam on march 17th 2018.
Can you suggest what do I need to study more and with this score will I be able to pass CAPM exam?

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login