fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Study for PMP but write CAMP

Study for PMP but write CAMP 7 years 6 months ago #8315

• Yashar Khoshand
  • Yashar Khoshand's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello,
I purchased the PMP Prepcast + Exam Simulator earlier today and have set course to study the aforementioned content alongside PMBOK Guide and Rita Mulcahy 8th Ed.
My question is, with a full understanding of the above and successful completion of simulation PMP exams would I comfortably pass the CAPM exam or do I need to study specific material related to the CAPM in order to pass that test?

Thanks,
Yashar Khoshand

Study for PMP but write CAMP 7 years 6 months ago #8318

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • President, OSP International LLC
  • Thank you received: 604
Yashar,

The PM PrepCast also covers 100% of what you need to know for the CAPM Exam. Please review your Student Workbook (PrepCast Lesson L00.10 - a PDF Document) and look in particular at Appendix C (as in CAPM). In this appendix we marked which of the lessons you need to study for the CAPM.

However... If you purchased PrepCast & Simulator then you purchased the PMP Exam Simulator and probably not the CAPM Exam Simulator.

Therefore...
  • If you are planning to take the PMP Exam, then no action is necessary. You purchased the correct items for PMP.
  • If you are planning to take the CAPM Exam, then please write to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. so that they can switch you over to the CAPM Exam Simulator.
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC

Study for PMP but write CAMP 6 years 10 months ago #10666

• Anonymous
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Cornelius,
I am in a similar position as Yashar, but I have not yet purchased either package just yet because I needed to first get the answer you just provided.
If I buy PMP Prepcast, I would get credit for 35 hours vs. only 23 hours, correct? I'd be taking the CAPM exam though, but in the future take the PMP exam and didn't want to have to take more contact hours at that time. So, this is doable the way you've advised?

Study for PMP but write CAMP 6 years 10 months ago #10668

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Yes. That is absolutely possible.

Please take a look at our CAPM page www.project-management-prepcast.com/capm-exam/the-capm-prepcast where we write:

Please note that The PM PrepCast™ was originally designed for students who are preparing for their Project Management Professional (PMP)® Exam. The PM PrepCast for Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® described on this page is essentially the same product because it covers everything you need for your CAPM® Exam Prep. Guaranteed!

So you can simply study The PM PrepCast as you are prepping for your CAPM exam. The certificate you receive currently also shows 35 contact hours.

The only thing I recommend is that you should make sure that you also purchase The CAPM Exam Simulator to practice your exam. Do NOT buy the PMP Simulator. The questions for the CAPM are fundamentally different from the PMP exam and you must prep with the correct questions.
Until Next Time,

Study for PMP but write CAMP 6 years 10 months ago #10677

• Anonymous
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Perfect, thanks so much!

Study for PMP but write CAMP 6 years 2 months ago #12958

• Kim Noronha
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Cornelius,

I purchased the PMP simulator instead of the CAPM , along with the PrepCast course. Have sent a few emails to PrepCast support, requesting to switch to CAPM simulator, but haven't heard back. Could you help in some way, please?

Thanks,
Kim

Study for PMP but write CAMP 6 years 2 months ago #12961

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Kim -- please give it some time. Support is getting a lot of tickets right now due to the changing exam.
Until Next Time,

Study for PMP but write CAMP 6 years 2 months ago #12963

• Kim Noronha
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Cornelius, thank you for your reply!
I am hoping to hear from Support soon because my exam is scheduled for 2/5 and i only realized this morning that the simulator exams are for PMP!

Study for PMP but write CAMP 6 years 2 months ago #12985

• Maricel Cuevas
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hello Kim,

We have switched your PM Simulator to CAPM Simulator. We also have responded to your tickets in our Helpdesk.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinCoy Studer

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login