fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: CAPM Exam Prep

CAPM Exam Prep 8 years 8 months ago #5925

• Sarah Jacobs
  • Sarah Jacobs's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I have purchased subscriptions to your exam simulator, flashcards, formula guide, PMP and Exam Tip newsletters and videos. Do these resources also cover CAPM exam?

CAPM Exam Prep 8 years 8 months ago #5927

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • President, OSP International LLC
  • Thank you received: 606
Sarah,

Not really. The PM PrepCast covers both PMP and CAPM, but the rest of the products do not. (We're working on a CAPM Exam Simulator right now though...)

Are you preparing for the CAPM exam then?
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarah Jacobs

CAPM Exam Prep 8 years 8 months ago #5928

• Sarah Jacobs
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Yes I am studying for the CAPM exam. The simulator and formulas I purchased are no good then? That's really upsetting. I thought the materials were universal for both exams.

CAPM Exam Prep 8 years 8 months ago #5929

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Sarah,

Ah... unfortunately the exam is not the same at all. The exam content outlines for the PMP and CAPM differ quite substantially both in design, content and knowledge/experience required.

I quickly checked our system and I see that you are subscribed to 3 products:
  1. PMP Exam Formula Study Guide: As the name says... it's for PMP
  2. PMP Exam Simulator: As the name says... it's for PMP
  3. The Free PM PrepCast: This is not the "full" PrepCast and only contains a VERY limited number of lessons. Not enough to prepare at all.
I will go ahead and instruct our support team to process a refund for #1 and #2 above. #3 is free, so no refund required.

My recommendation for you would be to purchase The PM PrepCast and then look at Appendix C (as in CAPM) of the Student Workbook. This appendix has a list of all the lessons with a Yes/No indicator so you can see which ones you have to watch for your CAPM prep. There's still a LOT to watch.

I wouldn't worry too much about the formula, since "only limited calculations" are needed for the exam.

And since our CAPM simulator isn't ready yet, you would need to look around for another option. Unfortunately, I never tried the competition simulators, so I don't know.

Are you OK with the refunds I suggested?
Until Next Time,

CAPM Exam Prep 8 years 8 months ago #5930

• Sarah Jacobs
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
How much does the paid PM PrepCast cost? Would you be willing to apply the two refunds to the total of the PrepCast?

Plus the PMBOK 5th Edition is still the main guidebook for CAPM correct?

CAPM Exam Prep 8 years 8 months ago #5931

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
The PM PrepCast costs $179.99 and you can find all the details here:

www.project-management-prepcast.com/pmp-exam/the-pm-prepcast

Unfortunately there is no way we can apply past payment to future payments in the system. So the refund of the past products and then purchase of The PM PrepCast is the only option we have. (I know... I know... working on THAT, too...)
Until Next Time,

CAPM Exam Prep 8 years 8 months ago #5932

• Sarah Jacobs
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I understand. Please issue refunds for

1.PMP Exam Formula Study Guide: As the name says... it's for PMP
2.PMP Exam Simulator: As the name says... it's for PMP

Once I see the two refunds on my credit card I will decide whether to purchase the PrepCast. Would you still honor the coupon of $10 off in the month of August as advertized in your Exams Tips Newsletter?

CAPM Exam Prep 8 years 8 months ago #5933

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Sarah,

I will instruct the support team shortly.

And yes about the coupon. It's valid throughout the month of August. So another 25 days or so.
Until Next Time,

CAPM Exam Prep 8 years 8 months ago #5934

• Mohan Bisoi
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Fichtner,

Thank you for your valuable info sharing with all here.

I have few questions from your posts today on CAPM exam, currently I am preparing for CAPM examp and using following sources for my preparation and please let me know if this is not enough.

Per CAPM certification handbook published by PMI this has given the list of chapters required for CAPM exam is 3 to 13 of PMBOK 5th edition.

I do subscribed the PM PrepCast and following the chapters 3 to 13 per CAPM handbook also purchased "CAPM Exam Prep, 3rd Edition" by RMC.

I assume that other than simulator, these two sources (Prepcast and CAPM exam prep by RMC) should be good for preparing CAPM exam, let me know if this is not correct.

Also I am slightly confused when you asked to refer Appendix C in this chain (The PM PrepCast and then look at Appendix C (as in CAPM) of the Student Workbook.), should we refer to PMP student handbook or in some other document? please let us know. Thank you, Mohan Bisoi

CAPM Exam Prep 8 years 8 months ago #5935

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Hello Mohan,

Yes. The training materials that you mention (Handbook, PrepCast and RMC CAPM Book) are a good set of training materials. They should get you there.

Regarding the "Student Workbook": This is a document you received with The PM PrepCast. So please take a look at The PM PrepCast and you will see that "L00.10 PM PrepCast Student Workbook" is a PDF document that contains the appendix mentioned.
Until Next Time,

CAPM Exam Prep 8 years 8 months ago #5936

• Mohan Bisoi
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Thank you very much sir and I found the information.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinCoy Studer

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login