fbpx

Reply: 5th E.: Critical path method shown in figure 6-18

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : 5th E.: Critical path method shown in figure 6-18

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
10 years 3 months ago #3933

Cornelius Fichtner

Daniel,

Please open up your student workbook PDF document. That is L00.10 of the PrepCast. It should contain answers to most general, administrative, and technical questions of this kind.
10 years 3 months ago #3931

Daniel Blossey

Dear Cornelius,

Thanks and happy Nikolaus!

Ah, I missed this file. Is there a log file which shows when you have updated or added your videos? Because I may be out of sync with the videos after a while.

Thanks!
10 years 3 months ago #3930

Cornelius Fichtner

Daniel,

Please watch lesson L06.08 Network Diagram of The PM PrepCast. That shows all the steps in detail.
10 years 3 months ago #3929

Daniel Blossey

Ah, I think I have the answer: The float or free float is the difference of Late Start and Early Start date. So for activity B it is 11 - 6 = 5 days. Result: The project manager can wait 5 more days for activity B without delaying the successor activity D.

What is the difference between total and free float?
10 years 3 months ago #3928

Daniel Blossey

Hi,

I am referring to video "L06.06.2_Develop_Schedule_HR.mp4" in which the critical path method is shown. This also links to figure 6-18 of the PMBok Guide, 5th edition.

I do not understand all the numbers inside the activity boxes. e.g., activity B has a float of 5 days. Do you have an example which explains all the numbers, forward and backward pass, float etc. in more detail using the presented schedule model format?

Thanks, Daniel from Germany!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login