fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: 1 Year Eligibility Expiration Question

1 Year Eligibility Expiration Question 2 years 3 months ago #28754

• Steven Furtado
  • Steven Furtado's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
In attempting to get a clear answer, there appears to be conflicting information from various sources. I had taken the course, applied for the CAPM exam eligibility, was accepted, but have been unable to dedicate the time to prepare and schedule the exam.

As my 1 year eligibility is due to expire at the end of January, and I had planned to take my first attempt at the exam at the end of December, would doing so then cause me to be suspended from reapplying for eligibility for 1 year? If so, I should instead wait until my 1st year of eligibility expires, and reapply for eligibility before attempting the exam? Before scheduling the exam, would like to prevent being suspended for the 1 year as it is unlikely I'd complete all 3 exam attempts in my time remaining. Thanks!
Last edit: by Steven Furtado.

1 Year Eligibility Expiration Question 2 years 3 months ago #28757

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • President, OSP International LLC
  • Thank you received: 604
Steven,

Here's how it works:

- From the date of your acceptance, you have one year to take the exam up to three times.
- If you let this one year expire without ever taking the exam, you can reapply right away and will get another year
- If you let this one year expire and you failed the exam once or twice, you can reapply right away
- If you fail three times, then you have to wait one year from the date of your third failed exam

In other words... schedule your exam for December. If you fail, you can retake it in February.

However... the CAPM is "easy". If you prepare right, then you'll pass with flying colors.
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC
The following user(s) said Thank You: Steven Furtado

1 Year Eligibility Expiration Question 2 years 3 months ago #28760

• Steven Furtado
  • Steven Furtado's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Dear Mr. Fichtner,

Thank you so much for the quick reply and clarification! It is quite the relief, and what I was hoping to hear. Thank you again!
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinCoy Studer

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login