fbpx

Reply: My PMP Lessons learned

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : My PMP Lessons learned

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 8 months ago #22486

Elizabeth Harrin

Thank you, Ahmed for sharing your feedback, and congratulations on passing the exam! Good luck for your PMI-ACP journey.
3 years 8 months ago #22467

Ahmed Sharaf

Hello ,

I never review products but somehow I feel obligated to review this one .

I Just passed the exam today .

My journey towards PMP started in 2008 when I took an in class course. I didn't move towards certification till I knew it was about to expire, that is 7 months ago . First I started studying through courses that I downloaded from the internet and I purchase questions from testking.com because I had a good experience with them during my ITIL certification

After trying to read most of the questions I found out it's not updated for the latest body of knowledge version just throwing old questions with processes quality , resources and schedule with different names (5th pmbok edition) and the answer is without any kind of explanation .

My exam was about 20 days left so I figured out why not trying something else ?!

My situation was as following : I understand what the book is talking about understanding the concepts I had a hard time remembering all the tools and techniques and I didn't know what to do next ? should I just keep remembering all the tools and techniques ?!

After doing some research I found out your exam simulator is one of the recommended products by multiple students who already passed so out of desperation I purchased it and to my surprise I found a very organised and up-to-date product everything was there :
1- questions are updated
2 - you can limit questions to any domain
3- you can schedule a timed or non timed exam
4- every question had a clear and elaborate explanation for its answer

Actually studying these questions alone I figured out how I should think in a real exam and this should not be underestimated . for example one of the lessons I learnt that you have to understand where the question is standing in the project . then you have to think about inputs and outputs The process where you are standing

Some questions trying to test your understanding for a specific concept like the difference between the conflict resolution techniques

I think is every question is associated with a very clear explanation which actually provided me with a wealth of knowledge that the book itself will not provide for you

my advice to everyone is to attend a class maybe online then study not the questions but the explanation provided In the answer of the question and if you really understand them the exam comes in a very similar manner and maybe less words but never ever try to memorize a question that will lead you nowhere always try to understand the explanation of the question provided in the exam simulator

The questions in the exam will not be identical but they will revolve around the same concept if you understand what the answer of the exam simulator said you will easily figure out what the question in the real exam is trying to text you about
I didn't purchase the online lessons. I did not need them, actually I downloaded a course from the internet . and I already had experience working in a lot of projects but I was not exposed to the planning phase or the controlling phase only the executing phase and it was never executed like the book is trying to describe .The book is describing an optimal process that I don't think it will be ever executed in real life but that is out of our scope we are trying to pass the exam itself

I am planning to take ACP and surely I am a returning customer for this product I think this time I will purchase the whole package considered considering what I went through in my project management certification I will be saving a lot of time being with your material material from the start

Thanks a lot for a good product for me, it was money well spent

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login