fbpx

Reply: PMP exam lessons learned

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PMP exam lessons learned

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 8 months ago #22476

Gabriella Dellino, PMP

Thank you, Alexander, for sharing your lessons learned here! I'm sure many will find it helpful.
I like the idea of your own takeaways after each video lesson. And I agree with your recommendation to review both incorrect and marked questions: I did it too and learned a lot from that.

Congratulations on passing the exam!

Gabriella
3 years 8 months ago #22466

Alexander Schwartz

I passed my PMP exam on my first attempt. I purchased Prepcast and began my lessons on May 13. I was also working full time with my employers allowing me to allocate partial time for the couse so on average, I watched roughly 2 to 4 hours per weekday until completing in early June. One key strategy I used in order to absorb and retain the knowledge of the lessons was to create a word document and write down the "takeaways" of each video. This allowed me to create an outline of the entire course which I was able to continually review up until my exam. After completion, I scheduled my exam for July 2 to be taken remotely online which gave me about a month to study and prepare. I took each of the 8 prepcast exam simulators and scored in the mid 70s to low 80s on each. After each practice exam, I would review all of the questions that were marked or incorrect. I was confident on exam day and made sure to careful read each question, sometimes multiple times, and eliminate answers that were certainly incorre. The key was to make sure you select the best answer according to the PMBOK guide. I highly recommend Prepcast for anyone looking to obtain their PMP.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login