fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed Exam First Time 4 AT and 1T

Passed Exam First Time 4 AT and 1T 3 years 9 months ago #22257

• Krishna Mulani
  • Krishna Mulani's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I took the PMP on 7/8 and passed the exam on first try. Below are my learning resources and test stats. Prepcast test were extremely helpful to my passing the exam

Resources for Study
1) Prepcast Simulator Tests (8)
2) UDemy - Joseph Phillips
3) Reviewed ITTOS (Detail version) for understanding, Did not memorize
4) Watched Ricardo Vargas video 4 to 5 times. helped to better understand the flow of 49 processes.

Stats:
Prep Time: 7 Weeks
Prepcast Exam Score 77-83, took all 8 exams. First time question correctly answered was 79%
Reviewed PMBOK for areas I got lower scores on Prepcast test.
Read Agile Study guide, did not get any agile questions on the test.
Joseph Phillip Videos - Watched in regular speed and then reviewed all videos at high speed.

Actual Test Info
I found the test to be similar to Prep Cast Test. I got one critical path question and 2 to 3 EV questions.
I had about 10 minutes remaining for review for first half of test and about 15 min to review 2nd half. I did not change any of my answers accept for 2.
Some questions I was stuck deciding between two answers and did not feel 100 percent confident I would pass the exam.
I have been out of college for over 20 years so was not used to studying and taking test so this required lots of discipline to study and do practice exams

Glad to have gone through the experience and did learn PM items at deeper level .

Passed Exam First Time 4 AT and 1T 3 years 9 months ago #22260

• Leroy Christopher
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Congrats!
Question :
1.should I understand you to be saying that you practised the prepcast for seven weeks while using the pmbrok as a reference to filled gaps?
2. What is your weekly study exam prep schedule like?

Passed Exam First Time 4 AT and 1T 3 years 9 months ago #22261

• Krishna Mulani
  • Krishna Mulani's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
I did prepcast for 3 weeks of the 7 weeks. I spent 4-6 hours each day of the 3 weeks to complete the PerpCast exams and fill in gaps using PMBOK. The first 4 weeks I watched the UDEMY Joseph videos, memorize the terms , completed the two tests that came with UDEMY Joseph Training, and watched Vargas videos. Hope this helps.

Passed Exam First Time 4 AT and 1T 3 years 9 months ago #22262

• Leroy Christopher
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for clarifing. Sure it help.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login