fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Pass PMP at 1st try

Pass PMP at 1st try 3 years 10 months ago #22130

• LU ZHENG PMP
  • LU ZHENG PMP's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I'm so excited to share that I have passed my PMP on 3rd July 2020, in a test Center at Canada.
My exam has been cancelled three times due to COVID 19 and the holiday confliction between USA and Canada. It is funny that VUE cancelled my exam without notice becasue my exam day is a USA holiday. However, test center in Canada still open. LOL.

Total time I took for preparation: 3 months (at least 2 hours per day) and a week off focusing study.
Study materials:
1. Linked in Course - Susan (35DPU)
2. PMBOK Guide
3. Rita’s book
4. PM prepcast simulator timed tests
5. How to pass on your first try 2019 - borrow the book from Library

I first finished the Linkein Course and completed all exercises given in the course. Then I read PMBOK almost 3 times to get familiar with all tools, technics , flow and PMI terms. However, I still cannot remember all of them :(
I took 5 PMP simulator exams ( 81% 79.5% 85% 75% and 73.8% - ITTO ) and with so many Timed Quizzes. On average I scored 78.8% . and I passed my Exam with 4AT.

Exam lessons learned:
1) Part 1 - Since I took the exam at the test center with all by myself in a big empty room. I do not have a good start for my part 1 due to nervous. I took longer time than I thought, since the time account down is very different from the simulator. It shows 2XX mins and XX seconds left, which I cannot tell how many time I have used at the the first. after 90 questions, I took a 10 mins break to let me back to normal.
2) Part 2 - I saw a lot of people talking about more Agile questions, however, I did not have the same feel. The questions or the most confusion quetsions to myself are about communication and stakeholders. I can only confirm about 20% questions I know I am right. But, for the rest of questions, it was picked from two of four answers or even three of the four answers.
3) I only see 3-4 calculation questions and they are easy.
4) Major comment - Believe you can do it!

Thanks all these lesson learned posts, which helped me making important decisions during my preparations.
Good luck for all test takers.

Lu

Pass PMP at 1st try 3 years 10 months ago #22131

• Yolanda Mabutas
  • Thank you received: 39
Congratulations, Lu!
Yolanda Mabutas
OSP International LLC
www.pm-prepcast.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: LU ZHENG PMP

Pass PMP at 1st try 3 years 10 months ago #22139

• Muhammad Shakeel
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Congratulation
The following user(s) said Thank You: LU ZHENG PMP
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login