fbpx

Reply: Exam break time after #90 questions completed

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Exam break time after #90 questions completed

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 9 months ago #21992

Gabriella Dellino, PMP

Hi Pang,
let me just add that skipping the break will not allow you to revise the first 90 questions later on. You will need the submit the first part of the exam (after revising them as you need); then, you will be asked if you want to take a break or skip it, then the last part of the exam starts.
When I took the exam, the audio/video recording was still on throughout the break, but you are allowed to leave the room. But this is for the online proctored exam, so I don't know how this is managed for the onsite exam at a testing center.

Gabriella
3 years 9 months ago #21989

Thiago França, PMP®

Hi, Pang, good day,

Let me answer your questions:

1. It is optional. You can click on the "finish" button if you want to finish the break period earlier than 10 minutes.
2. You have to submit the first part of the exam, containing 90 questions, to initiate the break session. Essential to informing you that you will be able to review it later on.
3. 10 minutes of break time is extra time, not included in the 4 hours duration for answering 200 questions in the PMP exam.
4. Screen time count down will be displayed on your screen and the "return to exam" button that you must click on to return.
5. Yes, I used this 10 minutes to relax a little, use the bathroom, and drink water. It's advantageous, and I recommend you to use it.

I hope that my answer clarifies your questions. If you have further questions, do not hesitate to write it down. I would be happy to assist you.

Regards
3 years 9 months ago #21986

Pang Wai Chuen, PMP

Hi,

A few exam break questions would like to clarify during onsite exam;

1. Is exam break time an optional or mandated?
2. Do I need to submit the first part (90 questions) no matter I will take a break or not?
3. Is break time separated from exam time or inclusive? e.g if I already took 90 mins to complete and submit 90 questions, then take 10 mins break, will I still have 150 mins to complete the rest of 110 questions or it will become 140 mins.
4. How the exam break time is actually operated during onsite exam? check-out/in again?, on screen timer count down the break time?
5. does it worth taking a few mins break? while we only have 240 mins to complete 200 qs provided that the break time is counted inclusive into total exam time.

Could anyone please share your exam break time experience during onsite exam?

Thanks

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login