fbpx

Reply: Passed PMP Exam on first try!!

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed PMP Exam on first try!!

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 9 months ago #21782

Elizabeth Harrin

Well done, Claudia! That's such great news.
3 years 9 months ago #21771

Claudia Barrett

I began studying for the PMP in July, 2019, with plans to take the exam by December, 2019. I'd purchased The PM PrepCast Elite and had not completed the coursework in time to take the test in December. I was very glad to learn that PMI had decided to extend the current version of the test into 2020. I found that following the instructions and guidance in the coursework was essential to my understanding the concepts. The quizzes at the end of each module were very helpful. I had my exam scheduled for March 18, 2020. Then COVID-19 hit! My exam was canceled and I rescheduled it for June 1, 2020. That was also canceled as the testing centers remained closed. The online, proctored exam became available and I decided to take advantage of it. The new exam date was now June 12, 2020.

Do not get discouraged by how long it takes. It takes what it takes. Everyone learns in different ways at different rates. It had been a long time since I did any kind of study and it took time to get back into the rhythm. Don't get discouraged if your original goal for taking the exam has to change because you aren't ready. It is better for you to be ready to take the exam, than to rush into it unprepared. For me, going through all the modules and then focusing on the Exam Simulator was the best approach. Make sure you explore other sources for PMP training and prep. YouTube videos are abundant, and VERY helpful. Google will save your life when you just can't understand something. Resources abound, take advantage of what is available, and FREE.

I found the Simulator was critical to solidifying my understanding of the concepts. I discovered it was best for me to go through all the quizzes in learning mode, and then switch to taking the quizzes in timed mode to learn how to pace myself. Finally, moving to the full exams within the Simulator showed just how well I learned the material. I spent the last several weeks just using the Simulator. I became more comfortable with the exam format and how to read, understand, and dissect a question to get to the right answer. I found that being able to focus on the questions I answered incorrectly helped me to learn what the best answer is.

If you choose to take the online proctored exam, be advised that the system check process can be stressful. The software was sent to me three days in advance, and would not work. It finally worked an hour before I was to take the exam. I never learned the reason why it would not work. It can add a layer of anxiety for which you did not prepare. The restrictions of the online exam are more than I was prepared for and the whiteboard feature was not user-friendly.

In the end, I am glad I had all the preparation provided by PM PrepCast Elite (with Simulator). It was essential to my success. I was thrilled to see "Congratulations" pop up on the screen after ending the exam. I received the exam results from PMI and I achieved Above Target in every Knowledge Area! That was way more than I imagined I would do! Thanks PM PrepCast!!!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login