fbpx

Reply: Failed PMP on 1st attempt

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Failed PMP on 1st attempt

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 9 months ago #21756

Joseph Couture

CDT,

Thank you for the kind words of wisdom.

I am going to target around the 75% prior to re-testing.

:)
3 years 9 months ago #21753

CDT

Hi Joseph,

I'm so sorry to hear that! I know that it can be frustrating but do not give up.

From my experience, Prepcast Simulator (paid version) was the best deal I could find. The questions were very similar to prepcast. My strategy was: after every full prepcast mock test, I'd study all answers to make sure I fully understood.
My scores were 75% - 82% so maybe target around that before taking the next test ;)

Best of luck!
3 years 9 months ago #21751

Joseph Couture

Hello everyone,

I took the online proctored exam on the 11th of June and performed fairly poorly. I had been preparing to take the exam on the 15th but decided on a whim to take it that day.
This was after a full day of studying and taking practice exams... my avg was around 50% and had relied on a 5 day bootcamp from work and practice tests that were free from online.
Somethings I noticed right away was my hunger upon starting the exam, plus my ex kept texting me, and the phone in the house kept ringing.. totally destroyed my concentration as well as my nerves were on the roof that any movement I made would have the proctor assume I was cheating so I stayed in a few positions the whole exam which were awkward and painful.
It takes them 10 days to update the results and I still have not received them which means that I cannot re-register. I'm tempted to take a testing site as I feel they will not be so discriminatory towards
test-takers. Since then, I've paid for pm prepcast and have been doing practice questions non-stop and have been avg 60% my highest being once at 69%. I will probably give myself another two weeks or possibly a month of preparation prior to re-taking it.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login