fbpx

Reply: PMP on first attempt...

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PMP on first attempt...

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 9 months ago #21473

Pierre Paris

Congrats Puneet,

can you please share you experience with the exam questions? How was the exam, was it harder then the simulator ? What percentage of exam questions were harder then simulator , what percentage was easier and what percentage was similar? what knowledge are you had the most questions from? what was your percentage during simulator test?

sorry for asking so many question but it will definitely help others
3 years 9 months ago #21331

Elizabeth Harrin

Congratulations! Thanks for sharing your tips with us.
3 years 9 months ago #21324

Puneet Mehta

Hello Everyone;

I would like to share that I have passed my PMP Exam on my first attempt. Let me take this opportunity to share my experience with you.
My journey started in December 2019 by getting the 35 contact hours and with that, I gave myself a target to be a PMP by May 2020.
To be honest the start was slow very slow and went through a lot of different pattern on how to study for the exam, took some time but once I realized my own pattern of learning, it became a bit easy. So a few points below.

1. When preparing for the PMP exam, the focus should not be on memorizing everything, but on understanding the concepts, best practices, guidelines, and project management framework, as per PMI’s PMBOK Guide.
2. Make a study plan and stick to it. Analyze your study pattern and make a plan around it. You will find 100s of articles online on study patterns but you need to find what suits you and how you can learn without getting frustrated. Whatever plan you make just stick to it. Don’t go by the size of the book but learn something each day.
3. Build a real project around what you know and start fitting it in the PMBOK framework. This helped me to understand that unknowingly I was doing a lot of things around PMBOK. That gave a real confidence boost.
4. In the COVID period one phrase is quite popular “Test, Test, Test” this perfectly fits in the preparation for the PMP exam. The more you test the better. Do simulations as many as you can. Never repeat your old simulations again. You don't want to build a false confidence boost. Refer to PMBOK for your wrong answer. It's all about building your knowledge.
5. There are plenty of books to refer to. I myself like to listen and learn rather than reading (personal choice) and for me, Prepcast was a perfect choice. Also, I did read Rita and PMBOK.
6. If possible, make a group of aspiring PMP candidates.
7. Prepare your application in advance and build it around knowledge areas.
In the end, Prepcast helped me a lot as most of my time gets wasted in traveling and it helped me to stay in line with my plan.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login