fbpx

Reply: How I passed PMP from the 1ST attempt, PMI online exam

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : How I passed PMP from the 1ST attempt, PMI online exam

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 10 months ago #21295

Sultan

Thank you Alex,

It was hard to use ( although I had to use it once).
I was using a Mac labtop, so using a trackpad to draw was not a good experience at all.
I think if you have a touch screen it will be much easier ( I am not sure would the touch screen work as an input in the exam or not, since many functions in your PC would be locked)
3 years 10 months ago #21284

Alex

's Avatar

Congrats Sultan,
What was your experience using the online whiteboard? Based on some people's experience, it seems it is not that easy to use it!

Thanks,
Alex
3 years 10 months ago #21277

Sultan

Good day.

First of all, I would like to thank all of PM prepcast crew, the exam simulator was really helpful and a great tool to UNDERSTAND the material.
special thanks to our instructor Cornelius Fichtner, great and straight to the point explanation of the material.

My real experience in project management was not as project manager, I basically led my department in a project carried on my previous company, and to be honest the project experience did not help in studying and preparing for the exam at all.

I bought PMBOK guide 6th edition, PM prepcast lessons, prepcast exam simulator and Rita Mulcahy’s PMP Exam Prep. These were my tools for PMP exam preparation.
At the beginning I was listening to the lessons, then I read the chapter in PMBOK guide, then read the chapter in Rita’s book, I’ve done that for the first to knowledge area.
Then I switched my technique since it was exhausting, I decided to depend on PM prepcast lessons then read the chapter in Rita’s, then ( and I believe this is the most important part ) I used the timed quiz in the exam simulator to test myself, I was reading the answers the I got correct or incorrect and try as much as I can to understand the rationalization of each answer. Then I repeat the quiz until I get a satisfactory result.
After finishing all knowledge areas, I took EXAM1 on the simulator and I got 83%, then the next day I took EXAM2 and I got 79.5%. at that time i was so stressed from studying and i decided to schedule my exam.
I scheduled my exam ONLINE and I kinda suffered to find a device that would satisfy the requirement ( make sure u got a laptop or PC with the required specs from Pearson Vue to take the exam online )
I started the exam after simple instructions ( taking pictures of me, the work place and the ID ), then i started the exam. The questions tend to be more difficult than those on the exam simulator, some of them are difficult to a degree where they really don’t make since ( maybe because of the stress level ) and some of them were really relatively easy.
I passed the exam with above target.

Once again, thank you very much PM prepcast, until next time!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login