fbpx

Reply: PASSED MY PMP ONLINE ON MY 1ST TRY - ABOVE TARGET IN ALMOST ALL DOMAINS

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PASSED MY PMP ONLINE ON MY 1ST TRY - ABOVE TARGET IN ALMOST ALL DOMAINS

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 11 months ago #21103

Anonymous

's Avatar

Many congratulations!! Thanks for sharing your experience. It's so useful and builds up the confidence. Please share resources you used. Did you pay for anything other than prep cast simulators? I got RMC as well.

Congratulations again and enjoy this time!
3 years 11 months ago #21089

Jennifer Kates

I'm so happy to say that I passed my PMP Exam!! I plan on posting details soon on my journey and tips and tricks.

But in a nutshell here are some resources I recommend:
1. Choose a good study book, I read so many...if I had to pick I would say RITA!
2. Use the PMBOK as a reference and know the glossary terms in the back!
3. Prepcast is a MUST! I feel this was the most beneficial and really prepared me for the exam. I feel the actual exam questions are easier than prepcast. The hard part is there are always 2 answers that sound a like, so that is why practice makes perfect! I took 7 full 4hrs simulators my scores were the following:
1. 71
2. 73.5
3. 76
4. 65.5
5. 73
6. 69.5
7. 73
My average score was a 72%. I was really discouraged at first, but after reading tons of lessons learned, I saw a lot of people scoring in my range passed.

There were tons of other great resources I used, which I'll come back and post in more depth, but the top 3 would be my top picks.

*EXAM DAY*
I took the exam online at my house. As long as you check your system a couple of times during check-in and make sure not to use it on corporate firewalls, you will be just fine. Be sure to clear everything in your area as they ask. Be very mindful of the time. During my simulators, I always had like 30 minutes left. By the time I finished the real exam, I had 1 minute left. You get a break around the 90th question after you finish your reviews. Once you are back from your 10-minute break you finish the other half.

The exam wasn't hard, but there were always 2 answers that sound alike, so use all the resources you studied. There was A LOT of change requests and stakeholder questions. I got 1 easy math question and 1 critical path question.

When I finished the exam it immediately told me congratulations you passed! The next day I got my exam results..above target in all domains but one where it was target.

If you put the work in, go in with the mindset that you will pass! You got this!

Thank you Prepcast for your valuable resources, it was a definite must in passing this exam!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login