fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed pmp!!!

Passed pmp!!! 3 years 10 months ago #20928

• Lax
  • Lax's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Passed pmp with online proctored option. I used Andrew Crowe and Head First and the exam simulator
The whiteboard was a bit flawed but used the text feature to muddle through the diagram. My tips
Do not skip the PMBOK no matter what you read.
It is the foundation.
Using a few sources is a good idea and some authors explain things better than others, but do not go overboard as it can cause confusion. I recommend no more than two to three prep guides or one good quality one
The prep cast simulator is of high quality with no errors and detailed explanations. It teaches you how to think and that is key. Some questions on exam were harder than simulator, some easier and some about the same so use it to acquire the reasoning and discipline of a long exam. I also like Master prep simulator as it is very comparable in difficulty . Do not use too many sources but stay with quality questions such as Exam Coach Oliver Lehman, Simplilearn. I found most others to be deliberately vague and frustrating or full of errors

The exam gives a break after 90 questions but the total time minus break is 4 hours so when practicing, recommend learning how to answer 90 , reviewing and then same for rest, all in four hours total.

Focus less on memorizing and more on situations and roles of the various people such as Sponsor, customer etc , how to handle changes , and how to use the tools , plans and documents based on a situation. While Agile is not a big part, recommend doing a good overview as it will help . That seems broad but as you read, think about how these can be applied. Think about steps in the process as in what would you do next based on a situation? Head first provides some tips on creating your own questions and is pretty good to socialize the material

Passed pmp!!! 3 years 10 months ago #20995

• Yolanda Mabutas
  • Thank you received: 39
Hi Lax,

Congratulations! And thank you for sharing your lesson learned.
Yolanda Mabutas
OSP International LLC
www.pm-prepcast.com
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login