fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: PMP PASS Online Proctor!

PMP PASS Online Proctor! 4 years 2 weeks ago #20776

• Caitlin Styrczula
  • Caitlin Styrczula's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Yesterday morning I was able to clear the exam through the OnVue online proctor platform and wanted to share my experience!

Materials
-Head First PMP, most comprehensive materials for those unfamiliar with the common terms and flow of ITTO
- Rita's, most thorough explanation of each process/terminology
-PMBOK, reference, and supplemental learning
-PM PrepCast for 35 hr course
-PM PrepCast Exam Simulator (!!!!!)

I took 5 weeks to study and here is the weekly breakdown:

Week 1: Read through Head First all the way through, made notes, completed exercises
Week 2: Read Rita's all the way through, made notes, completed practice tests, Began PrepCast online course
Week 3: Read PMBOK through, began ITTO templates to memorize and practice calculations/data analysis techniques, concluded PrepCast Course.
Week 4: Began PrepCast Exam simulator, read through Rita's in conjunction with PMBOK as a reference, watched Vargas video and Ailleen Ellis videos
Week 5: at least one full-length practice exam from the simulator daily, Cleared PMP exam on Saturday

Most important lessons learned:

The exam simulator was the foundation of my success; completing as many full-length exams and timed quizzes as possible was the aspect of my study plan that helped me to understand key indicators and phrasing to be aware of during the PMP exam. My scores were 1: 70 2: 72.5 3:69 4:75 5:75.5 6:72 7:75. After each exam, I would document my incorrect answers and explanations for correct choices for future studying.

I honestly felt that the questions provided by the simulator were much more challenging than the actual test if you feel at ease with the exam simulator wording and question structure, you are good-to-go for the PMP exam.

Online Proctor Tips:

PERFORM MULTIPLE SYSTEM TESTS!! This is so important to feel ready for registration and set-up verification day of
The proctor will be watching you the whole time, and you will see your recorded self on your screen throughout the exam.
The whiteboard is available, but I didn't use as I felt it was clumsy and time-consuming
There is a calculator available on the screen
After 90 questions, you may take a 10-minute break..if you do not need it all, you can resume your exam at any point prior
For each 90 and 110 section, you have the opportunity to review your questions/look at flagged, etc., after you submit the first 90, before your break..you will NO LONGER be able to review those responses

Good luck to everyone in the future, and I hope this helps!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tatjana

PMP PASS Online Proctor! 4 years 2 weeks ago #20777

• ARNALDO ANGELINI
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Caitlin, I read that you did not use the whiteboard. How did you answer to Critical path and Earned value formula formula questions?
Thank you

PMP PASS Online Proctor! 4 years 2 weeks ago #20778

• Caitlin Styrczula
  • Caitlin Styrczula's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I found the CPM questions simple enough to calculate in my head, likewise for the EVM questions..though the whiteboard could help to list preliminary calculations before the final compiled calculation
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login