fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: 1st Attempt 5 ATs My PMP cert experience

1st Attempt 5 ATs My PMP cert experience 4 years 1 month ago #20554

• Haitham Hajj Shehade
  • Haitham Hajj Shehade's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
I've been postponing the PMP exam for the past 2 years. I attended a part time boot camp which was totally useless as by the time the lectures were given, I was drained of any energy after a full working day.

Last year I submitted my application and received eligibility without auditing. I specified the exam on 16th june 2019. I started studying but then had to stop due to health conditions. I cancelled my exam. During that summer I got married so i removed the PMP certificate from my plans.

Then the COVID-19 lockdown happened. Suddenly i had time on my hands. I only read Ritas book once and then I bought the prep cast simulator which was everytging i needed.

I did all 7 simulators averaging 82 i think. I rechecked the wrong answer and marked questions in each exam. I neglected the ITTOs as I believed that the exam will barely through a pure ITTO question at me.

I sat the exam today and got 5 ATs. I finished the exam in 2 hours and 16 minutes. I trusted my instinct.

The exam is very similar to the Simulators. Had a couple of EV questions 1 float and 1 ETC. Very heavy on the stakeholder and communication knowledge areas.

I believe the trick to pass the exam is to be able to narrate a storyline of all the processes. Whenever read a scenario, you will be able to pin point where you are in the story line and the answer will reveal itself.

My advice would be to definitely take an online contact hours course. If the prep cast course is as good as the simulator then I believe it will be worth the investment

Always take advantage of opportunities and think positive. The COVID-19 helped me get a far fetched PMP certification
The following user(s) said Thank You: Francisco Pineda, Juan Sanchez

1st Attempt 5 ATs My PMP cert experience 4 years 4 weeks ago #20631

• Elizabeth Harrin
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 114
Congratulations! I'm glad something good came out of your lockdown experience.
---
Elizabeth Harrin

Follow: twitter.com/corneliusficht
Like: www.facebook.com/PrepCast/
Subscribe: www.project-management-podcast.com

1st Attempt 5 ATs My PMP cert experience 4 years 4 weeks ago #20632

• Juan Sanchez
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Congratulations and thank you for posting your experience.
PMP study started: 4/13/2020
Exam target: 7/13/2020
Current feeling: Excited but long road ahead

1st Attempt 5 ATs My PMP cert experience 4 years 4 weeks ago #20637

• Denver Martin
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Congratulations. The narration of a story line is a fantastic idea to connect the processes and ideas in a perceptible way. Humans respond much better to storytelling and real world examples.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login