fbpx

Reply: Passed PMP on the First Attempt- All AT's

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed PMP on the First Attempt- All AT's

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 5 days ago #20445

Spencer Vetter

's Avatar

I had a laminated book of about 8 pages of grid paper. I also had a fine tip marker so I was able to write everything down on one page just as easy as I could with a pen and paper. I think this can vary so just be aware of that. Also, they do no allow you to erase anything so you have to raise your hand to have the test monitor erase for you which would get annoying if you did no have the same setup as I did.
4 years 5 days ago #20442

Harry Elston

James,

You're given a laminated sheet and a sharpie or dry erase marker. In my instance it was an almost clean laminated sheet and a well-worn mashed marker. I didn't bother with the "brain dump" but was able to scrawl the math problems on the sheet like a kindergartner using a "fatty" pencil writing their name for the first time.

Harry
4 years 1 week ago #20433

James Smith

Once you are in the testing room, is there any paper and pen issued to write down things ? This would be a brain dump of important formulas ?
4 years 2 weeks ago #20280

Spencer Vetter

Not much. After reading each chapter in the Andy Crowe book, I would skim the PMBOK for any discrepancies. There were very few so I did not review the PMBOK at all after skimming each chapter and I did not even look at the glossary. I felt I got enough of the vocabulary from the PrepCast lessons and Crowe's book and the glossary would have overwhelmed me and taken time away from learning the PMI concept as a whole.
4 years 2 weeks ago #20269

Nicholas Kozak

Did you incorporate the PMBOK guide into your studies at all? Or did you just use the above mentioned study resources and that got you through?
4 years 2 weeks ago #20263

Yolanda Mabutas

Hi Spencer,

Congratulations on your excellent success!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login