fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed first try- 5 AT's!

Passed first try- 5 AT's! 4 years 3 weeks ago #20243

• Cheryl Arnott
  • Cheryl Arnott's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Took the PMP exam yesterday, passed first try all AT's!

I am definitely surprised that I was able to pull that off. I started doing the PrepCast Lessons back in May of last year. First thing I noticed was how much a didn't know in relation to terms, my company doesn't have a lot of formal project management processes. I have a very busy schedule and my goal was to be ready to test by the end of last year.... that didn't happen. Any way, I finished the final test in the PrepCast in December and moved onto study/review mode. I gave myself 2 months to study and use the simulator. I cannot say I was as focused on studying as I could have been, and I was quite worried as test day approached. I took 4 full practice tests and scored between 75-78%. In between each I would re-read the PMBOK on the knowledge areas I scored lowest on. Anyway, I went and took the exam and did much better than expected.

Lessons learned for me, focus on what process group the question is asking about, and know what documents are available to you at that point. i.e. during initiating, parts of the project management plan haven't been created yet. Know the concept behind the earned value equations, I didn't memorize anything. I made sure I understood the concepts across the board. The simulator was priceless since nothing else give you practice/knowledge on how to answer the situational type questions they ask.

Passed first try- 5 AT's! 4 years 2 weeks ago #20266

• Yolanda Mabutas
  • Thank you received: 39
Hi Cheryl,

Congratulations for passing the PMP exam and good luck for more excellent achievement in the future!
Yolanda Mabutas
OSP International LLC
www.pm-prepcast.com
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login