fbpx

Reply: I get to add PMP to the end of my name!!!! Passed on first try!!!

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : I get to add PMP to the end of my name!!!! Passed on first try!!!

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 2 months ago #19608

Lisa Sweeney PMP

Thane Ajifu, PMP

It's got a nice ring to it!

Congratulations to you . . . time to exhale ;)
4 years 2 months ago #19513

Elizabeth Harrin

Breathing doesn't sound cheeseball at all - congratulations, Thane!
4 years 3 months ago #19423

Thane Ajifu

On Saturday, December 21, 2019 I passed the PMI PMP Exam. I took a prep class with another program earlier in the year (and I remember maybe 3-5% of the information from that) I would say a majority of the material (97-98%) I used for preparation came from the PrepCast. I drilled practice tests and quizzes at least 3-4 days a week (about 1-2 practice tests per week) for about 1.5 to 2 months. Did I feel ready? No. But felt like it was a now or never - early Christmas present. I felt like the last 2 weeks of my preparation I was at information saturation/overload.
The exam simulator really helped with what to expect in terms of wording and being able to identify what the question was. An understated value, was how to pick apart the question and really paying attention to the objective of the question.
I did a quick brain dump during the interface overview.
It was rough, but I believe that the exam simulator was the best preparation tool. I was beyond nervous (to the point where personnel at the test center were telling me everything was going to be OK), I personally thought I was going to throw up.

In taking the exam, I forced myself to get up once every 50-100 questions (can't sit still for an extended period of time) as a mechanism to slow my heart rate down and to try to calm my nerves. Before I hit "submit" I reviewed every question and changed maybe 5-7 answers. I took a HUGE breath in and then took the plunge. I finished everything with about 30 minutes left.

As cheeseball as it sounds, I wrote a motivational note to myself to breathe. Hopefully this helps others! Good luck fellow future test takers! You got this!!!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login