fbpx

Reply: I passed with Above Target on First Try

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : I passed with Above Target on First Try

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 4 months ago #18943

Nicolas Rietsch, PMP

Agreed. I wouldn't say that they are much harder but a bit harder.
With that said, if you tend to be stressed, you better aim for the 80% on the prepcast questions to compensate for the stress for the real exam.
4 years 4 months ago #18887

Tim Dunn

I found the prep cast questions were notably harder Lynze which is good. The ones on the exam were similar in construct. They put you in a situation and you need to have enough knowledge about the process groups and knowledge area flow to answer. There were not many direct ITTO questions but there were a lot of indirect ones.
4 years 4 months ago #18884

Lynze Hagan

Hi!

Are the prep cast questions close to the type asked on the exam? I have seen all types questions (tricky, easy, etc) and I believe it is important to not only practice your knowledge but learn how to answer the questions too.
4 years 4 months ago #18875

Tim Dunn

I just wrote the pmp exam for the first time and passed with scores "above target" !

I studied for about 3 months looking at some extensive training videos, reading through PMBOK to try to understand the flow and logic instead
of memorizing and tried various simulators.
The point of a simulator is that you want a real life experience that challenges you with realistic and even tougher questions than you might see on
the real exam, You want this so you can practice your timing, get used to the length of the exam (4 hours is a long time) but also to practice the steps
you should take in reading & understanding the question, how to rule out wrong answers and pick the most logical one.

PM PrepCast is the best simulator tool out there for this purpose. I did all 1610 questions, flagged all questions I was not certain of and read the
explanations, even if I got the right answer. After some hundred questions, you start to see the logic and pattern better and noticeably improve.

I would have to say that I would not have passed the PMP exam on the first attempt with “exceed target” without the PreCast Simulator. It is well worth
the investment.

Exceeding tough task but well worth it. Thank you for the great tool and good luck to everyone.

Tim Dunn, PMP
Toronto, Canada

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login