fbpx

Reply: Passed on my second try BT,AT,AT,AT,T

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed on my second try BT,AT,AT,AT,T

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 5 months ago #18800

Debbie Cleary

's Avatar

Thanks for the feedback Abisola. I agree with taking some time to reset; however, I'm also unemployed and since I'm switching careers to Project Mgmt, I feel like having my PMP certificate will help with the job hunt. I've done project management in my previous job, but not formally and am hoping what I learn through this process will help so would like to complete by end of this year. I built a plan that will allow me to take again in mid Dec, but haven't scheduled yet as I want to start the lessons and see if I'm sticking to plan first. Although I want to complete this year, I don't want to short change myself and have to take it again. I'm passing this next time!

I took a class already for PMP prep that was online. It was 4 months long, but I didn't put in enough time preparing for the test after. Feel like I got hung up on how to start studying and struggled with just reading material. I think a refresh of material using the lessons will help as I'm a visual learner. Hoping watching/listening will bridge the gap.

Thanks again for the info and congrats on passing the exam.
4 years 5 months ago #18799

Abisola Olayinka

Hi Debbie, im sorry about it. Don't be demoralized. Even though people advice to take it immediately, i didn't. I took 2 months off to reset my brain. Then i took 3 months to study. I used the exam simulator only. However, i listened to Joseph Phillips' lectures three times. I got a sample of the lectures on here, but i didn't like it because it wasn't as conversational as Joseph's. Udemy is currently on sale. The explanations given on the simulators exam questions were AMAZING. I marked then went through the questions i had the slightest doubt on. The trick is to start studying again like you dont know anything. I know 3 months is long and tiring, but i couldn't afford to fail. I moved my date 2 times. Reddit was a good resource as well. Reddit.com/pmp. Good luck!
4 years 5 months ago #18776

Debbie Cleary

Congratulations Abisola. I failed my first attempt a little over a week ago. I'm working on my plan to study going forward so I pass on the next try. I have a question - did you just use the exam simulator to increase your knowledge or did you get the PrepCast Elite package and review the lessons as well? I bought the package as I'm hoping reviewing the material with video will help me bridge the gap as I found it difficult to just read material.

How long in total did you complete additional studies before your second attempt?

Please advise.

thanks,

Debbie
4 years 5 months ago #18771

Abisola Olayinka

I took the pmp the first time in April 2019. I failed...woefully. i had used the popular resources that people swore by. Lol. Bad move. It was a huge blow to my confidence and i actually was just going to let this dream go.

After doing a lot of research, reddit led me to prepcast and Joseph Phillips on udemy. Look, I'm a working mom with a little baby. I listened to Joseph on my 1 hour drives to work and took 10 question quizzes every night for 2 months while putting baby to sleep. 2 weeks to my exam, i started taking 50-100 question quizzes. The weekend before my exam, i took 1 exam. I made an 82. I marked questions i guessed on and reviewed them regardless of whether i got it right or not. That was a major confidence booster. This simulator was the closest to the exam. I was able to learn to pace myself and take 10 min breaks for every 50 questions. I ended up leaving 45 mins left on my exam. I started to panic about submitting but I told myself that i am a warrior trained by Joseph and Cornelius.

Seeing that "congratulations" on the screen made me almost jump out of my seat.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login