fbpx

Reply: Passed on my 2nd Attempt

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed on my 2nd Attempt

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 6 months ago #18749

Ivoree Cowan

Good Day All,

The journey towards my certification was long and hard but worth every bit of it when you see "CONGRATULATIONS"
I was extremely depressed when I failed on my first try, I read lessons learnt to motivate me to continue the journey. It took me about 1 month to recover from all the sadness and disappointment. Thanks to PM Prep Cast I finally nailed it with the PrepCast Program. I watch all the presentations, did all the exam questions in the simulator.
I read PMBOK, and Rita Mulcachy PMP EXAM Prep, Oliver Crowe and I subscribed to coach Dan Ryan for one month.

My Exam Experience
Questions were vague, it required you to know the material especially the project documents and mgmt plans. I had lots of scope questions, a few stakeholder and communications. Only 3 questions required the use of a calculator. I completed the exam in 3 hours and I completed the first 80 without taking a break. I really wanted to just press on! The PearsonVue experience is way better than the paper based that was once the only option.
My advice to you all is every hour spent on working hard to get this certification is worth it. I did it as a single mom with a 2 year old daughter. I used my driving time to listen to Cornelius, my waiting time between meetings I listen to the podcasts. In all of this I couldn't get vacation leave because i had just changed my job, I can reassure you.... every minute counts, use your breaks at lunch to read something, even if it is just for 15 mins, it will eventually become a part of you. It is only then you will be able to read a question and know exactly the process group and knowledge area the question referenced.

You Can Do It. I got 3ATs and 2Ts. I would recommend the simulator and the entire podcast package anyday!!!!
Believe in yourself and remember "Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently."

All the very best, soon you will write your own testimonial.

Reeree
Kingston, Jamaica

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login