fbpx

Reply: Passed on first try. 09/27/19 lessons learned

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed on first try. 09/27/19 lessons learned

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 6 months ago #18612

Brandon East

So I passed on the first try with 4AT and 1T.

First off Pearson Vue has a very nice facility The people were extremely friendly and helpful. By the way I don’t know if this is new with them. There is no strike through or highlight function, at least this one didn’t Clean headphones to block out any distractions (with sanitary covers) overall opinion is A-

My study:
Original plan consisted of me self studying after my PM fundamentals course at UGA (didn’t work) couldn’t stay motivated. So after research I picked PrepCast over several other good options (it’s the podcasts)
Read the PMBOK cover to cover 1 time. Then again with the prepcast. I had the Andy Crowe 6th edition study guide as well a very good source.
Study at work (great boss allowed me to use my free time to study) 1 hour of study at home in the evenings. Weekends I studied in my shop while working and tried to take a practice exam every few weeks.
After I completed the course I immediately started it over and listened as I read over my notes. Exams at least once a week at that point.
The day before the exam I did nothing but relax and hang out. Watched tv and napped. Wife did catch me reading over the exam content (important read btw)
Exam day woke up at 04:00 went to the gym for an hour came home showered and enjoyed coffee and breakfast with my wife. Headed off and became certified.

Resources:
Reading
*PMBOK6
*Andy Crowe 6th edition
*my UGA study Guide (shout out to my instructor Jan Smid)
*the PMI PMP exam content Read This
*Aileen Ellis books on network diagramming, earned value, and project contracts

Courses
*UGA PM fundamentals
*PrepCast

Mobile Apps
*EzPM
*ITTO game
*podcast app of course

Videos (not PrepCast related)
*iZenBridge
*praizion
*Aileen Ellis formula videos

Web site
Edward-designer
Edward Chung I believe is his name
Very good site with tons of information. That is where I heard of the PrepCast. Well that and chatting with Elizabeth Harrin.
He has links to free exams like the Oliver Lehmann 100 question. Tough questions
He posted his study notes and his brain dump. Along with lessons learned.
Overall very informative
That’s about it.

Thank You Cornelius and the PrepCast team.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login