fbpx

Reply: Passed PMP Exam on 1st Try

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed PMP Exam on 1st Try

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 6 months ago #18576

Amar Patel

's Avatar

I passed my PMP exam this afternoon after 3 months of studying. I used the Joseph Phillips Udemy course for my 35 PDUs and then read the PMBOK one time. After that I completed 8 of the practice exams on PrepCast. I averaged around 80% on the PrepCast practice exams. I did not take the ITTOs exam.

My advice to anyone planning to take the PMP exam is to purchase the training course on PrepCast even though it costs substantially more than the Joseph Phillips Udemy course. While the Udemy course is very informative, I feel it does not tailor its lessons towards the types of questions asked on the PMP exam. I found it to be mostly a summary of the PMBOK rather than a rigorous course that prepares you for the exam.

I also suggest focusing less on the formulas and more on the general questions regarding Integration Management. I only had 4 questions on my exam where fully memorizing all the formulas would have been useful. Memorizing all the ITTOs is also not necessary for the exam. There were only 3 questions where I can reasonably say having memorized all of the ITTOs would have been useful.

Overall I though the questions on the PMP exam were more difficult than the questions on PrepCast. The questions on PrepCast were more lengthy while the PMP Exam questions were straightforward in comparison. However, the increased difficulty is in the answer choices where there seemed to be at least two correct answers for every question.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login