fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed on the 1st Try

Passed on the 1st Try 4 years 6 months ago #18563

• Erik Holden
  • Erik Holden's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
So here we go... I gave myself 3 months to prepare for the PMP exam, and in hindsight, that seems about right. I started my preparations by reading the PMBOK Guide cover to cover. I honestly don't think I retained anything from that mind-numbing experience. I then went through the entire PM Prepcast video collection, and the concepts started to gel (thankfully). I took a lot of notes while watching the PM Prepcast, even though I thought I'd never look at them again. I figured writing the content down while watching the videos would just help me retain some of the information. The day before the exam, I decided to go through all my notes I had taken while watching the PM Prepcast. I found it extremely helpful as a last minute refresher. Once I completed the PM Prepcast videos, I read and completed all the activities in the "Head First PMP" book. The Head First PMP book did a good job of moving some of the information from the theoretical to a more practical perspective. After finishing the Head First PMP Book, I started on the PM Prepcast's Exam Simulator exams. I did all 8 practice exams, and for me, this was the most beneficial part of my preparation. The feedback for the incorrect answers really helped me. On the morning of the exam, I was still a little nervous about the ITTOs, because I didn't memorize them. There was no way I'd be able to memorize every ITTO for all 49 processes, so I didn't even try. I did make sure that I knew what each ITTO was or what it did, and what each process accomplished. That, along with knowing the flow of the processes, was all I needed for the exam. I passed with flying colors on the first try, and have Cornelius and his team to thank. Good luck with your exam preparations!
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login