fbpx

Reply: Passed PMP on first attempt just with prepcast

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed PMP on first attempt just with prepcast

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 7 months ago #18380

Mohammed Aboobacker Thiruvattuthodi

Mohammed Aboobacker Thiruvattuthodi's Avatar

Dear All,

I have passed the PMP exam on my first attempt with AT on all groups. I mainly used the video classes from Prepcast and completed three exam simulator with above70% marks.
I have got 10 questions from Maths part and several questions from Risk and Integration. No questions from Agile.
I have visited the exam center one day before to know the transit and the center setup which made me calm on exam day. I even verified my documents in the reception.
I recommend all to do the same.

My Study pattern was a special case as it took more than 8 months because of my tight work schedule. It was slow and steady. I watched the videos two times and scribbled down on PMBOK itself for future review.
I like to list you what went well with me. I believe this pattern will be used for those having a hectic work schedule.

1. Watch Mr.Ricardo Vargas video on Youtube "NEW! Elaboration of the Processes Flow of the PMBOK® Guide 6th Edition". This gives a nonlinear approach to Project management and of course for the exam.
2. Complete the whole course from the PrepCast Video classes by Mr. CorneliusFichtner. After each knowledge area, Select the knowledge area questions in the prepcast simulator options and tried some questions.
3. Did a 4hr simulation and scored 70%.
4. Repeat the PrepCast Video classes by Mr. CorneliusFichtner and the questions based on the Knowledge area. This time kept the PMBOK open and wrote randomly on the PMBOK copy for quick review.
5. Did two 4hr simulations and scored above 70%.
6. Took leave for three days just before exam and went through PMBOK guide , especially on the markup.
7. Spend one day only for maths. Randomly doing questions from Internet.
8. Slept well on exam night and went fresh.
9. When you reach exam center, I suggest to verify the formulas again and write down in the first few min. of the exam.
10. During the exam, try to maintain speed. If you don't know the answer, use the elimination technic, mark and go on.

Good luck!!!

Mohammed.Aboobacker

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login