fbpx

Reply: Passed the exam today on my 1st attempt.

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed the exam today on my 1st attempt.

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 7 months ago #18354

Jenikka Ebias

Hi Hei Yue,

Congratulations on passing the PMP Exam! Thank you for sharing your preparation journey with us along with the other resources you used for the exam. Moreover, thank you for giving a personal comparison of the actual exam and our PM Exam Simulator. I'm sure other aspiring project managers would find it helpful.

We wish you all the best in your future endeavors. Have a great day!
4 years 7 months ago #18349

Anonymous

's Avatar

congratulations!
If we Flag questions and answer will it be considered during the evaluation?
Have heard many people flag questions and don't unflag and submit during the exam. Did this process change @ Pearson?
Can someone please clarify
4 years 7 months ago #18336

Hei Yue Wong

Hi all, not much substances from me, but just few points aspirants may want to know.

My result: 2 AT, 2T and 1 BT. Not as good as what I expected.

Pearson vue (HK) exp, mainly on things deviated from my expectation:
1. Stringent verification processes. Check every of your pockets, pat down, glasses. Thin sweater allowed (I was having a light fever).
2. The UI does not allow you to cross-out obviously wrong selection.
3. You cannot highlight the keywords, I heard somewhere that it is possible.
4. You are given white board and maker for writing/brain-dump, instead of white paper as I anticipated.

My study materials / journey:
- PMBOK guide (of coz) twice, I did not read any other textbooks other than this. I did not read the Agile practice guide.
> I Just memorized all the 49 process groups plus their OUTPUTS (mainly on those key outputs, e.g. baseline, roughly on the inputs and TTs), the 1x formulas.
- The video "Until next time" (You know what I mean) once.
- Prepcast simulator, it is good to i) let you feel what the real exam will be like plus ii) TRAIN up your mind-set, you will grab some key techniques answering exam questions, such as:
> When it talks about raising new requirement, you look for change request from the answer choices.
> When it comes to a critical point for a project and the team cannot reach a consensus, the PM should stand up for a decision, etc.
> I "practiced" ~1200 of the available questions (50% actually attempted and the other 50% just read them thru, too luxurious for me to attempt them all).

Preparation time:
- Started reading PMBOK from Sept 18.
- Enroled the exam in late Mar 19.
- From Mar 19 - Jul 19, doing "part-time" revision (because of working)
- Aug-18, very intensive studying, I gave my self few days of annual leave on a final regression, I spent around 6 hours during the period, it's worthy and STRONGLY recommended.
- One reminder, if possible, start attempting some mock exam questions as early as you can, this helps you to understand the study/revision focus.

The exam v.s. Prepcast:
- I saw some other sharing that the real exam is easier than Prepcast, mine one the other way round. I flagged nearly 45 questions.
- First 12 mins, i wrote my brain-dump (FYI it a recall of the whole processes group plus their key deliverables as I mentioned in above), a few formulas that I have been mixing them up.
- Then finished all the 200 questions with around 36 mins left for review.
- I did not take any breaks, but a few second of the screen to relax my eye (Reminder, please do not look at other exam takers! You may be warned.). I know I will be running short of time. Even though the toilet is very near to the e exam hall, I am afraid that the checking process will waste my time.
- The 36 mins left only allows me to review around 30 of the flagged questions. You may wish to unflag them after checked. You have to choose from reviewing those flagged questions or those not flagged. I chose the former one.
- Very few calculation questions. I just feel that I wasted quite a lot of time practicing on calculation (However, please do not simply ignore this part).
- As shared by many exam takers, 7-80% on situational questions. The key is to identify the process group and what the questions intended to test you.
- You better have a very good understanding on the facilitation skills (e.g. accommodate, compromise, etc.) and those chart-like things.

Remember, you do not have to get all the answers correct in order to pass the exam! Don't go panic if you cannot answer some of the questions.

Hope the above helps! Wish you happy learning!
If I recall some other things that may be useful, I will share further.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login