fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: PMP Application: From Requires Attention to Accepted

PMP Application: From Requires Attention to Accepted 4 years 8 months ago #18276

• MacSky
  • MacSky's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi everyone,

I just want to share my experience in applying for the PMP. My application was returned, but with the posts I read here in PrepCast, it helped me revise my application with taking into consideration the 500 character limit. Below are the before and after samples.

TIP: Think Project Management processes & terms & how you applied it to your projects

First Attempt:
Application Sent: July 23, 2019
Received "Requires Your Attention" e-mail: July 26, 2019

Sample: Project from First Attempt

Project Title (this line isn’t included in the description box): Airport Website Relaunch

Description:
Project Objective: Relaunch of Airport website
Project Outcome: Successfully selected & uploaded photos for the website relaunch
Project Role: Project Support
Project Responsibilities: Researched stock photos for over 50 web landing page banners, worked with website team and the Cargo Program Manager to design the Cargo webpages, attend meetings with Marketing & website team to discuss status of project, and uploaded over 50 stock photos for the trial run/re-uploaded photos for the launch day

2nd Attempt:
Application Sent: August 7, 2019
Received Accepted E-mail: August 13, 2019

Sample: Revised Project from 2nd Attempt

Project Title (this line isn’t included in the description box): Airport Website Relaunch Project

Description:
Goal: Launch a new, rebranded Airport website
Outcome: Successfully relaunched website
Role: Project contributor for Website Team
Deliverables: Project Plan/Schedule/Budget; Banner images
Resp:
I: Identify initial requirements; Determine official launch date
P: Work with Marketing Manager determine budget & project plan/schedule/milestones
E: Research & upload stock images; Implement approved stakeholder changes
M&C: Obtain feedback/review/change requests from stakeholders; Provide updates
C: Store finalized documentation; successfully relaunched website
Last edit: by MacSky. Reason: Added more information
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login