fbpx

Reply: PMP exam Lessons Learned

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PMP exam Lessons Learned

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 7 months ago #18177

Jenikka Ebias

Hi Sara,

Congratulations on passing the PMP Exam! We are so glad to hear about your recent accomplishment. We are glad you found our materials helpful in your preparations.

We wish you all the best in your future endeavors!
4 years 7 months ago #18167

Sara Obregon

's Avatar

My CAPm had just expired so I decided now was the time to get the PMP instead of renewing the CAPm. I study the PMBOK thoroughly writing notes within the book, and putting post-its on pages where new chapters started as well as places where I needed to go back to re-read until information was digested. I also used Rita Mulcahy book. Read that cover to cover and did all the test and most of the lessons included. I also purchased her Hot Topics flashcards that I took with me on train rides and out of town trips. I then purchased the PM PrepCast tutorials and used Cornelius' advise and went through all the intros for every chapter, and then went back and completed each knowledge area, as well as some of the extra tutorials he listed. I took notes while he talked and really noted what he said more so than what was on the screen. That really helped me pull all the information together. If the tutorials had a 5 second rewind and fast forwarded they would be perfect! I took one webcast from Coach Dan and received the Excel PMP framework and ITTOs, which I also referenced while studying. The studying took me from mid March to July 25th, the date of my exam. I did have to wait for a few days in between for PMI to allow me to take the test, (I applied after reading the PmBok and Rita's book, probably should have applied first thing!) I studied anywhere from 3-5 hours a day 5-6 days a week. Sometimes if i went out of town and didn't really study I would come back and include weekends to gain back time.

The two weeks before my exam I sat for 4 Four Hour tests, and in between took 100 exam questions. I would mark all the questions I thought I answered right on a sheet of paper and mark on the screen the ones I really wanted to go back and look at. Because in the end I never had that much time to go through all the marked ones again. I usually had between 10-15 minutes left. The next morning, (because after the 4 hours I was done!)I then went though all the marked screen ones and the ones I got wrong as well as the ones I marked on my sheet to gain a better understanding of why they were right or wrong. This really helped me reinforce my knowledge. The day before the exam I just relaxed and tried not to think about it at all. The day of, I got up did my regular routine, and went in to take the exam. I was very nervous so I made sure to have time to hit the Ladies room and do some deep breathing and the "Superman" pose for 5 minutes.

I found the exam to be simpler than the test questions I had been studying from! Maybe I was just well prepared. Either way thanks Cornelius and team!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login