fbpx
Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : [email protected]

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 8 months ago #18105

Passed PMP Exam first time

's Avatar

Hi all.
Passed my PMP exam yesterday, 3 AT and 2 T (AT/AT/T/AT/T).

Lessons Learned:

Get and work out s tudy plan: To think that you are just going to study, is not correct. Develop a schedule and stick to it, small chunks every day.
See if you can get your application for the exam in asap: This force a deadline on you, and helps with scheduling. Also, nothing motivates more than exam deadline
Listen the Prepcast, make notes: Listen to the prepcast that Cornelius does. Lots of valuable information in there. I also read throuhg the PM BOK 6th edition at the same time, and studies PMP Head First and Rita Mulcahy's books. Make sure that you know the 49 processes. This helps tremendously to recognize when the questions ask in which process group you are and which knowledge areas. Also, the main concept is to see who everything integrates with each other, if X happens, you need to do Y etc.
Supplemental notes: Make notes and make sure that you can understand and draw the necessary scheduling, EMV formulas etc. I did a lot of mind maps to cement ideas.
Exams: I did all of the practice exams in the books, and then for the last 2 days prior to the exam, I did the Exam simulation in the PM Prepcast. BEST simulation model. It teaches you to focus on questions, give feedback on what is lacking etc. Worth the extra money. My mock exams scored 74% and 70%. It also teaches you that 4hrs is a long time, pace yourself and take breaks.

Exam day: I looked through the answers that I had wrong in the practice exams, saw where I made mistakes and saw the discussion. This greatly helped in putting the final pieces of the puzzle together before I went to write.

Exam for me felt very tough. The simulator is on par with the exam questions that was in the simulator. I was surprised to see that I did well in the PMP exam, I thought that I had failed.

Again, brilliant course, PM Prepcast is the best there is. Do the mock exams here and you have all the tools to pass.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login