fbpx

Reply: Passed my PMP Exam

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed my PMP Exam

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 7 months ago #18108

Merlyn Puneeth

Congratulations! Liked your never give up attitude!!
4 years 7 months ago #18101

Cortina Brown

Congratulations
4 years 7 months ago #18083

Denese Palmer

's Avatar

Good Day All

I did my PMP exam on Friday July 26, 2019 and I am humbly saying I passed. My journey began one year ago when having worked on the E-Health project in the Ministry of health Jamaica, being exposed to computer related project and got certified in CompTIA Project+, i decide to go all the way in having myself certified in PMP. It was a rough journey. I completed the classes, the mandatory contact hours in June 2018, then started the preparation to do the exam.

Having thought I was prepared enough, I sat the paper based exam in October 2018 and I failed miserably. Paper based was the only thing offered at the time in Jamaica. I cried of course and decided to dust myself off and try again. I continued to read on my own and do practice questions from the Rita ninth edition book that I had purchased. During the course of time, I came across the PMP Prepcast advertising on Facebook and decided to give it change and I must say I have no regrets.

With both preparation tools I thought I was ready again and sat the exam in March 2019 and of course I failed miserable again. This time again I cried and decided to end it there. I decided again to reconsider the exam when PMI wrote and informed me that I am still eligible to sit the exam again within the one year period being a member.

Deciding that I am going to do the exam again, I went and purchased the prepcast simulator to add to the prepcast videos. I had bought the simulator before but didn't do most of the questions. This time around it was much different, for approximately ten weeks from mid May to exam time, I studied everyday for at least two hours. If I didn't get a change to study during the day I would do it at nights, but the at least two hours per day was a MUST.

Closer to the exam it moved from two to four hours per day. I also try to take one min to do exam questions when I was using the simulators. I was very nervous again going into the exam having failed twice but I must say I was more confident. The exam was computer based this time around due to improved changes effective July 01, 2019. I will close by saying to all the prospective PMP, don't give up, you must be dedicated and give it your all. in Jamaica we have a slang that say " GO HARD or GO HOME" and that I did the third time around and it paid off. Thank you very much for viewing.

Denese Palmer
Spanish Town
Jamaica

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login