fbpx

Reply: Passed on 1st attempt overall AT

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed on 1st attempt overall AT

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 8 months ago #17858

Mei

's Avatar

Passed on first attempt on 6/24
EXAM SCORE
Overall: AT
By domain: AT/AT/T/AT/AT
SIMULATION EXAM SCORES
Exam 1: 72.5%
Exam 2: 69%
Exam 3: 82%
Exam 4: 77%
Exam 5: 72%
Exam 6: 75%
Exam 7: 77%
PREPARATION
I managed large-scale IT products many years ago, then I was off work for several years. I have experience with scope, schedule, cost, resource, quality and communications, but not much in risk or stakeholder…

Podcast study: 11 weeks. Didn’t plan or manage my time efficiently. On and off most often. Only got blur concept after the 60 hours podcast … However, I did watch all the episodes.

Rita’s book: 120 hours. I started planning and executing strictly. Set up daily goals, didn’t go to bed until it was achieved. While I was reading the Rita’s book, I felt like it was well written. But once I got into the real questions, I used it less and less, at the end, only the PMBOK was on my hand.

Simulation exams: 150 hours. This is the ONLY reason that I could pass the exam. I did 4 hours exam, then reviewed all the incorrect and marked questions. After 2 exams, I realized that I needed to focus on PMBOK, especially the 49 processes and formulas. I ended up memorizing all of them.
EXAM DAY
Exam was scheduled on Monday. I went to work out on Sat and Sun, completely relaxed on Sat, and spent several hours on Sunday night to go through the processes and formulas, as well as the notes I took from the simulation exam review.
*There is one knowledge area I captured on Exam 7 showed up in two questions in the real exam. I was very glad that I knew exactly what they wanted to test me.

Exam questions are quite similar as what I’ve practiced here. Thank you sooooo much! I’d say the real exam is a bit easier than the practice. Or it might be that I was better prepared.

English is my second language, so I applied language aid. I read the question in my mother language first, then move on to questions and answers in English.

I finished all the questions and only had 20 minutes left. I went through some marked questions. I knew for sure I would pass the exam during the survey.

English is my second language, it is a disadvantage during the mock exams, but turned out to be an advantage in the real exam since I applied for language aid. I was able to

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login