fbpx

Reply: Passed 1st Attempt Yesterday- On Target (6 weeks cram study TIPs)*

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed 1st Attempt Yesterday- On Target (6 weeks cram study TIPs)*

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 9 months ago #17832

Georgina Ogden

Hi All,

So I have been reading these lessons learned over the last couple of weeks and they have been very helpful in calming my nerves and understanding where others are in the process. I thought i would pass on what i learned and could share with you.

I read a lesson learned the day of the exam and it really helped as i don't know any other PMP's in my immediate circle of Friends.

Now i don't recommend my cram technique to anyone it was intense and stressful. I managed to put off the study till 2 months before the exam.. (mainly as i was terrified of failing and what everyone would think of me) and then had to put in long hours to cover all the material. Please do give yourself longer maybe 3 months 3- 4hours a day. The biggest tip i can give you is this prepcast saved my ass as i was studying form the 5th edition!!!

So i listened to the prepcast made notes along the way on each topic, pausing and writing it down and then referring to the book when i could. I listened to online tutorials when i couldn't get it. An online tutor helps put it all together. How execution processes and M&C interlink. It is not segregated like the book or the prepcast it is very much interlinked and M&C goes on throughout the whole process.

I did 4 full simulation exams, 2x100 quiz and about 5x 20 question quiz. They really helped me prepare for the real exam as it is basically the same layout and format. Learn how to manage your time.

On the day I mind dumped only the equations only taking a few mins. Tip read the questions carefully and don't over think the answers, thats what got me in a mental twist.

Not sure what else i can say, apart from understand the material, smash the Prepcast simulation exams and go through all the marked and wrong questions. Then believe in yourself, you've got this.

Thank you PM Prepcast for your help and awesome exam prep!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login