fbpx

Reply: Do not give up failure is the first step to success, passed above target

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Do not give up failure is the first step to success, passed above target

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 8 months ago #18074

Mohammad Makhlouta

Hello Erica:

Please trust in your self and keep focusing in the key words in each question, you can feel where is the key words each one has different weak areas you need to analysis your study to know why i am not answering right then you can jump between all process and knowledge in your mind and you can pick the correct answer, you are too close just one more try.

Good luck

Mohammad Makhlouta
4 years 8 months ago #18045

Erica Brooks

Hello Mohammad,
Your Lesson's Learned are so encouraging. I will be taking my second attempt at the PMP late August. I will keep my eye on the prize and discipline to studying. thanks again.

Erica
4 years 9 months ago #17879

Mohammad Makhlouta

Thank you Andi for your words, and don't worry you are able to success, just focus on your weak area, PMI will send you the exam analysis which is related it to (Performance domain for the five process groups for each task) you need to review (Exam content outline) in PMI website and they will show you each domain if it is (low, middle, or high) even it is not a deep or straightforward to your weak area but at least you can improve your weak knowledge .

I wish you the best, good luck
4 years 9 months ago #17878

Andisiwe Nombewu

Good day,

Thank you for this encouraging feedback and wish you all the best for your PMP achievements, i failed last week on my 1st attempt even though during the exam i felt it i was on the control of the exam and feeling positive throughout, however i was surprised to received a fail message.

I need to try again but i am still not sure where can i get the analysis of my results in details just to understand my weaknesses and where i answered wrong.

Do you have an idea of where i can get that information?

Thank you.
4 years 9 months ago #17812

Mohammad Makhlouta

hello all:

I passed the exam on 20-June, with overall Above target ( four domain area was above target except initiating).

The main reason for my participation with you is that my long, arduous and tired journey with the PMP is don't give up and that the first step to success starts with failure and does not mean failure several times and the many failures you do not have the ability to succeed always there is a spot of hope I was very hesitant before I shared my very difficult and long experience in getting this certificate that is very important to me.
I have been managing large construction projects for more than ten years and I have been managing construction sites for more than five years.
The first time i think i need this certificate was in 2014, but the nature and the very long working hours and the time need it for this study keep me away from moving on.

I will not talk about the dark side of my tough story I will not talk about the dark side of my difficult story and I do not want to mention the disappointments that disappointed me and the feelings of disappointment that have taken over me and which I made an effort to overcome and I always encourage myself and say that I can get it and there is no reason in the world prevents me from continuing to achieve my goal so I do not want to be my words are of a negative nature to others and those who seek this certificate, so I will mention the bright and positive side of this trip.

My story and journey started in 2015 with getting 35 PDU's to complete the application for the exam and at that time, I did not have enough time to study.
So i started in March 2017 to put a plan to study and here I printed a PMP certificate and put it on the wall next to my desk to remember my goal and stay in my heart and then stopped again until February 2019 and studied for three months until I got the certificate in 20-June.
But I want to mention that I took the exam in 2017 and I was very disappointed, especially as I thought I answered well and then, i sent an email PMI that the analysis which was (Below proficient, moderately proficient, proficient) is not enough and i got (3 domain Moderately proficient , and 2 below)and i want to know the number of questions i answered correctly or at least to provide me numerical result as percentage instead of a word of ( failure) or have a more detailed analysis of the result so that I can look for my weak areas and work for improvement, because the word (failure ) gave an indication of frustration especially they put you in the same level of other exam takers with a little study.
The answer from the institute was that you have to try again and that this is the procedures and rules of the institute and can not be changed,so I answered them again and I said that this is not fair I want to know the analysis of my mistakes and the breakdown of my results, especially the basic of management and the successful manager depends on analysis, research and discovery of problems before they occur, the response was not positive Which led me to stop for two years and keep me away.
But because of my insistence on this goal and my dream to get PMP and to be PMP certified again i returned this year I found that the exam analysis system has changed to It is more detailed than the previous one, so I felt a bit relieved that my previous claim two years ago may have played a part in this change.
I will not talk in more details for my study but I will mention here that my resources was:
PMBOK- 6th edition
Very important to read it carefully ( i read it twice )

Rita Mccaulley 9th edition
(Useful i read it also twice )

PM Fast track cloud 9
(A good exam simulator, i took one full exam and i got 76% )

PM Prepcast simulator
Very important and it is most useful tool ( i took 7 full exam and too many quizzes )
and the live feedback is the most great help, thank you so much for that.

During and before the appearance of the test result I had the determination that if I did not succeed this time too I would try again.
Also before the exam I told my wife note not to call me after the exam . If I passed, I would call. If I fail again, I wanted to be alone for a while and not to talk to anybody.
But when i saw (Congratulations), I was feeling full of happiness . I wished it was my success story to announce all the news and tell all the people that I got it.
When I called my wife and i said ( I did it).

My experience:
You should to focus on the exam question that the scenario is fall under which process group (Initiating, Planning, Executing, Monitoring & controlling , or Closing), then the next step which is more important is (to notice the question is describe, beginning or during or end of this process, be focus very careful on this point, so you can answer many question right).

Finally:
I want to say thank you for supporting from the Prepcast team which they support me a lot and i am much appreciated.

I am glad to got it and i wish the best for the other want to take this certificate,.

Don't give up.
Good luck

Mohammad Makhlouta

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login