fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed 1st Attempt with 5 AT

Passed 1st Attempt with 5 AT 4 years 10 months ago #17765

• George Sullivan
  • George Sullivan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Good Day Colleagues,

I passed the PMP today, my first attempt, with five Above Targets. A big thanks to the PM PrepCast team for this forum and the Exam Simulator. I benefitted greatly from both resources during my preparation. The questions on the exam were generally shorter that the simulator and I well-prepared.

Study Resources
Rita - Mandatory
PM PrepCast Exam Simulator - Mandatory
Edward-Designer.com - Very useful (and free)
Ricardo Vargas process flow (YouTube) - Useful (and free) for framing, particularly for visual learners, versus Rita's Process Chart & Game
PMBOK - Opened it once or twice... did not find it particularly useful or necessary
Udemy, Joseph Phillips 8hr Crash Course - A fine review/finishing tool but, in retrospect, it was not entirely necessary
BrainBok's ITTO explorer - Purchased but didn't find it useful or necessary

Study Plan
120 Days Out
- Read Rita and take notes, chapter by chapter (skip the end of chapter quizzes)
45 Days Out
- Skim Rita (2nd pass) while reviewing notes, one chapter at a time
- Take the end of chapter quiz after completing each chapter
- Take PM PrepCast Quiz (20 questions) for the corresponding knowledge area
20 Days Out
- Full Exam Simulation I, PM PrepCast
- Review all incorrect and marked
- Review statistics to identify lowest scoring areas
- Targeted prep for these areas (Rita, ITTOs, PM PrepCast quizzes)
14 Days Out
- Full Exam Simulation II, Pm PrepCast
- Review all incorrect and marked
- Targeted prep for lowest scoring areas (PM PrepCast Quizzes, process reviews - example: Manage vs. Control Quality, ITTOs)
10 Days Out
- Joseph Phillips Udemy
7 Days Out
- Quizzes, 20Q per knowledge area
- EVM formulas
Weekend Prior
- Review all incorrect/marked exam questions
- 50 question quiz (for pacing)
- EVM questions

Benchmarking
I scored 78.5% and 79.5% on two exam simulations.

Lessons Learned
Stick with PM PrepCast and Rita. Those really were the only resources I needed. Beware of diminishing marginal returns (ie. don't gold-plate your prep); I likely could have tested earlier and skipped some resources I used to prepare in the final weeks of preparation.

Best wishes to you all!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mohammad Makhlouta, Daniel Espinosa, Aalaa Aljar
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login