fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: I Passed - First Attempt

I Passed - First Attempt 4 years 9 months ago #17558

• HARSH AMIN
  • HARSH AMIN's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I passed!

Being a very silent member of this group, I’d like thank this platform and all users who shared their exam experience and tips!

I’d like to share my Lessons Learned:
Total time I took to prepare (3 Months)
First two months I spent ~ 30-40 hours / week
Last month ~ 50-60 hours / week

I did CAPM back in 2016 so I had a bit of background and experience with PMBOK 5 and reviewed my notes from then first (Didn’t help much).
Then I read RITAs book and made my notes, did all the chapter test.
After that I did some practice exams found online for free to test my understanding. I recommend to find the most credible source for free exam as some exams online are not very accurate with PMBOK and could misguide you. Oliver Lehman has one of the best free practice exam.
Then I reviewed all the incorrect choice I selected from practice questions and reviewed PMBOK to cover knowledge gaps.
Next, I purchased PM Prepcast exam simulator:
Buying this simulator is probably the best thing I did during my PMP journey. The quality of questions and the depth of them are just perfect in terms for you to understand the material,
and how to be best prepared for actual exam.

I did few quizzes from this simulator as well as took one ITTO practice exam with 200 questions.
I also did 5 full length practice exam. After each exam I reviewed all the questions I marked as well as all the incorrect choices I selected and reviewed them and made notes and covered knowledge gaps by reviewing it with PMBOK. Also the simulator does a very good job in explaining each answer choice and why are are incorrect and correct and with reference to PMBOK.
My exam scores were in the range of 75-81 % with all 5 exams.
In total I did ~1400 practice questions before writing actual exam.

I hope this helps!

Good Luck!

I Passed - First Attempt 4 years 9 months ago #17587

• Rachael Bass
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
CONGRATULATIONS and thanks for sharing!
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login