fbpx

Reply: Passed 2nd Time

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed 2nd Time

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 10 months ago #17533

Jeanie Burdi

3 weeks between the 2 tests.. and my change up was writing every question along with its proper answer...by hand. This way it was burned into my head on how PMI wanted the questions answered.

I used more questions from the simulation tests on this site than any other.

Every once in a while, I'd look at where my weaknesses were, and I'd take one or two tests just in those areas.
4 years 10 months ago #17529

Gaurav Saxena

Congrats !!
How much time you have taken after 1st one and what change you have made in your study material after 1st attempt failed.
4 years 10 months ago #17527

Anonymous

's Avatar

Great job!
4 years 10 months ago #17523

Jeanie Burdi

I wanted to write about my experience with the exam. It did take me twice.

I watched all of the video's at least 3 times each. The video's are great. Cornelius Fichtner, PMP puts humor into his lessons which makes them all the more enjoyable to listen.

The first time around, I had a big migraine on about the 50th question, the reset of the questions were just a blur. But, I can't honestly say I was ready to take it, I think I rushed things.

My main advice to you all who are prepping right now is, Really...Do the practice quizzes. Really work them. I tried one of the 200 question quizzes and bombed it. I needed to get my confidence up. I needed to under stand the way the questions were written. Everyone I've talked to in prepping for the exam has told me the same thing, the questions are written for the way PMI wants you to answer, their philosophy if you will. It's not always logic, a lot of time, it is an intuition.

So, here is my advice. Take quizzes, but don't just take them, write them out. I took the timed & learning quizzes...mostly the learning quizzes. I wrote out each question, then mentally I guessed the answer, then I I clicked on "Show Me the Answer" and wrote down the right answer. I probably wrote out close to 1000 questions and answers.

Then, the week before the exam, I started to take the timed tests. But....I only took them 10 at a time, always random. When I started to consistently get 7/10 or more right, my confidence was locked in, and I knew I'd kick it's butt!

And I did it, today!!!

If I can do it, so can you!!! My goal was to get the PMP before my 50th birthday....I beat it by 2 months and 7 days.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login