fbpx

Reply: PASSED...1st TIME!!!

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PASSED...1st TIME!!!

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 10 months ago #17488

sumana

's Avatar

Would you be willing to sell me your books. Please let me know.
4 years 10 months ago #17420

Jason Rodriguez

Aarati - sorry for any confusion. The 1600+ questions is overall, but there is a section for times/learning quizzes. Is it part of the Exam simulator. You have the option to take full mock (4-hour) exams or doing specific short time quizzes.
4 years 10 months ago #17419

Aarati Sonkusare

Congratulations!!! Thank you for sharing your experience. Would you be willing to share where you found 1600+ timed quizzes questions? Thank you!
4 years 10 months ago #17418

Jason Rodriguez

After a long stressful 4-hours on Sunday (12-May-2019), I passed!!!!

I received Above Average overall with AT, AT, AT, AT, AT in all domains.

For those you pursuing the effort, goodluck. PM PrepCast was definitely an excellent source for preparing. Great simulation, great explanations, and a good all around approach.

Some folks may be interested in approaches...and plenty of them to be found on this forum. I will share mine in case it helps at least one person. See below.

- Read the entire PMBOK. A good source to understand the details but definitely not an interesting bedtime read. This was an off and on approach.
- Rita's Book - only used this book to review a few specific knowledge areas I was struggling with and wanted to see a different twist to the details. Helpful.
- PM PrepCast Simulator: i completed 4-full mock exams with 83%, 82%, 83%, & 82%. Although the indicators were saying these were good results, I was still very nervous. I then focused on taking timed quizzes. In all I think I completed about 70% of all the 1610 questions available. Again I was averaging out about 80-85% overall.
- Pocket Prep (PMP): this app is great for 'question of the day' and doing quick 10 questions exams while mobile. I utilized this app whenever I found myself waiting in line, traffic, etc....just a good source to pull out your phone and do quick questions on the go.

The real exam was tough. I would like to say the simulator was harder but honestly it was comparable if not slightly harder (but maybe my nerves were in full effect). After a while you start to identify how the questions are phased on the simulator, the real exam of course may present similar questions but worded differently which makes it hard and have to think about.

GOODLUCK to all. Thanks PM PrepCast for giving me the extra insight and environment to test, apply and learn for the real exam.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login