Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed the PMP exam--on the THIRD try

Passed the PMP exam--on the THIRD try 2 months 2 weeks ago #17304

• Nancy Eickel
  • Nancy Eickel's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I'll start with the moral of my story: Don't give up! It took me three tries over six months to pass the PMP exam. I thought I was thoroughly prepared the first time I took the test. I paid a lot of money to sit in classes for a week. The instructor was really into the math side of project management. While that has helped me to be a better project manager, it did not prepare me for the exam--and I failed spectacularly! After I got over the shock, I took the test again as a reconnaissance mission. Where had I gone wrong? I failed again, but at least I realized I had to change tactics. PM PrepCast's lessons and pacing, and especially the practice exams, made all the difference! I knew I could get through 200 questions in four hours, so instead of "training" for that marathon, I did sprints of tests with 10, 20, or 30 questions at a time to build my confidence. As the saying goes, Third time's a charm. I easily passed the exam, and so can you. Don't give up!

Passed the PMP exam--on the THIRD try 2 months 1 week ago #17339

• Daniel Kokkos
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Congratulations. When did you get the prepcast? Was it after the 1st or second test?

Passed the PMP exam--on the THIRD try 2 weeks 5 days ago #17865

• Anonymous
  • Anonymous's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I got the prepcast after the second try. It made a huge difference on my third time taking the test.

Passed the PMP exam--on the THIRD try 1 week 5 days ago #17912

• Ahsan Asif
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi,

I have the exact same issue as you. Having failed the exam twice, I could really use some guidance regarding my 3rd attempt.
I would really appreciate if we could connect and have a chat about your whole experience and how did you change your preparation method before attempting the 3rd time.

Thank you.

Best,
Ahsan
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJP Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login
Boost Your PMP Exam Prep in Only Eight Hours! Join the Live PMP Coaching Class on August 24/25 for just $179. Click to learn more... OR Click to watch a free session...