fbpx

Reply: Passed PMP exam on April 10th

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed PMP exam on April 10th

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 11 months ago #17060

Stan Po - Admin

Dear Gabriel,

Congratulations on passing your exam!

Thank you for sharing your success and lessons learned. I remember the valuable inputs that you submitted through our simulator’s Live Feedback™ support feature. We are glad to hear that our products helped you prepare for and pass your exam.

Good luck in all your future endeavors.
4 years 11 months ago #17056

Gabriel Spena

I have passed the PMP exam on April 10th, with overall Above Target result (4 KA Above Target, 1 KA "Closing" in Below Target). The exam was very mind demanding regarding the time scope, you don´t have enough time to think deeply each answer so you have to chose the option very quickly. There were 4/5 EVM very basic questions, and all of them uses the same sample so you don't have to recalculate all basic values (EV, CV, SV, etc.) again. The was one easy schedule question, and roughly 1/3 questions are straight forward, 1/3 situational but easy ones and another 1/3 that you never will know if you answered well or not!! When doing Prep Cast exam tests, I tried to write down the 10 KA and 44 Process in the very first minutes of the test, but it takes more than 10 minutes and that will be precious time for answer all the questions. Based on my experience, I recommend to avoid this and only memorize the 5 Process Groups, 10 KA and all the process (most of them are repetitive) but don't waste time writing down them. What I think is more important is to write down the formulas, you can do it in a couple of minutes and it is very helpful when you are in a rush and you don't want to waste time remembering every time you need them and are prone to make mistakes after 3 hours of extensive reading and thinking.
Regarding my personal experience with Prep Cast. it was very positive, both with the course and with the test models. The classes cover all the PMBOK, the explanations on the ITTO's are clear and they cover the necessary for the PMP exam. The design of the presentations is very good, and the scope of them perfectly covers what is required in the exam. I recommend it either to those who need a course that can be done at different times or those who prefer to do it at their own pace and from any location. I took 2 month full time (5/6 hours a day) for preparing, my method was to watch PrepCast videos for one KA at a time and then read the same KA in the PMBOK. After I complete the Prep Cast course, I read the PMBOK once again, and then I took 5 test exams, with rating 72, 73, 77, 82 and 86.5.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login