fbpx

Reply: Passed PMP today

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed PMP today

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 1 week ago #17047

Jenikka Ebias

Hi Leon,

Congratulations on passing the PMP Exam!

We are so happy to hear about your recent success. Thank you for sharing your lessons learned with us here in the forum. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.
5 years 1 week ago #17046

Leon Gober

Cleared the PMP today, Above Target in all 5 domains.

1) I started the journey by using Rita's Flashcards to make sure I learned and understood the PMP terms and definitions according to PMBOK . This helped tremendously once I moved to the exam simulator and test questions.
2) PM PrepCast Simulator definitely made the difference between knowing terms, processes etc. and being able to apply them for the exam.
3) On the Simulator I focused on mastering 1 knowledge area at a time in the time quizzes. Never used the hints option, and only did small chunks (10-20 question quizzes max) . I completed all questions in each knowledge area before moving to the next. I did double up on some like (Integration and Scope, I did in parallel). After completing each knowledge area, I moved to going through each domain as I wanted the question to mix up so that I couldnt lean towards the right answer based off knowledge area. I never did the 200 questions. Yesterday , I did 20 random questions from each domain and scored 90 and above.
4) I referenced Andy Crowe's book for clarity and explanations of certain things (easy to read) and Joseph Phillips PMP prep Udemy Course
5) Memorized the Process Chart ,and formula sheet. Was able to get that all written down in about 13-14min at the beginning of the exam.
6) As far as the actual exam, none of the answers seems to "exact" , but they were the best answers. I dont recall any that I felt 100% confident it was the 1 and only answer, you could narrow it down to about 2 answers and then had to choose the best answer based on knowledge gained from studies. My exam focused ALOT about Integrated Change Control and the Change Management process. There were a bit of Quality questions , and a handful of the other knowledge area. I had maybe 3-4 EVM questions. 1 Network Diagram question

Overall it was an intense experience, but clearly I was more prepared than I assumed. lol. I tried to average about 50 questions or more per hour to stay on the 4 hour mark . I ended with about 5 minutes left and that was after taking a restroom break which took forever as you have to check in and out . That process is horrible. Other than that, the exam questions were very similar in style to the ones on the simulator which I think geared me to successfully maneuver through the exam. !!! Thanks PM PrepCast

Good Luck to everyone

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login