fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed the PMP First try and above target!

Passed the PMP First try and above target! 5 years 1 month ago #16990

• William Leone
  • William Leone's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I started studying in January in most evenings and some weekends.

Here is some details:

-I did not read the PMBOK
-Read "PMP Exam Prep Simplified" by Andrew Ramdayal. This book was very easy to read. I read it twice and did all questions in the book twice.
-Downloaded the Pocket Prep PMP app on the iphone. I did all 800 questions and then would redo the questions in my free time. The app is a bit slow sometimes, but I think it helped a lot.

I attemped the PM Prepcast simulator after I did all the questions on the iphone and read the book by Andrew once. I scored a 68.5% and then on the second exam I scored 64.5%.
It was at that point I realized I needed to study more. I reread Andrew's book and did the questions again. The second time I read the book everything was starting to make a lot more sense.
So I wanted to try the exam simulator again. I got a 74% on test 4, 75.5% on test 5, 73% on test 6 and a 70% on test 7, During all the mock exams I would describe them as "hard" but to my surprise
I passed a 4 mock tests in a row.

At the exam I wrote down the process charts and formulas. I don't think I used the process chart but did refer to my formulas.

I would say that the actual exam questions are less lengthy than the simulator, allowed me to finish within 3 hours. However, even though I found the questions less lengthy it didn't make picking
the correct answer any easier. Before I saw that I passed and actually did well I can say that it felt like it could have went either way. I thought that there often was many "right" answers, but I did
my best to pick the best answer. I ended up with above target on all areas but Monitoring and Controlling.

In summary I highly recommend Andrews book and the iphone app as I was able to pass the exam above target without opening the PMBOK Guide!

Passed the PMP First try and above target! 5 years 1 month ago #17018

• Jenikka Ebias
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi William,

Congratulations on passing the PMP Exam! We highly appreciate you sharing with us details of your preparation towards achieving such a milestone in your career. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors! :)
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login