fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed on 2nd Attempt

Passed on 2nd Attempt 5 years 3 weeks ago #16704

• Christina Curro
  • Christina Curro's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Hello Everyone,

I'm ecstatic about passing my PMP exam on 3/2/2019 on my second attempt. I have a unique experience in that I recently got my Masters in Management - Project Mangement from UMUC. Starting out in the application process, I was randomly audited, which was frustrating to have to reach out to prior colleagues again to help me out by resending information. However, I'd like to urge those who do get audited to push through and continue forward. Once I was approved and had my test scheduled I used a free podcast, as well as the book to study. I was confident when I went in for the test, assuming my degree would give me an upper hand. Embarissingly enough it did not, and I was shocked to find out that the whole test seemed be situational based questions. I then rescheduled, and did my research, and decided to go with Prepcast as a study aid. I listened to 99% of the podcasts, and completed 40-60 simulation questions a day for 2-3 months. I then finally got the nerve to sit for a full simulation test the week before my exam, and scored an 84%. I then passed my test with 3 - Above Targets, Target for Planning, and Needs Improvement in Closing.

I hope those on the board creating this test start to alter the questions to be more feasible, because although I am happy to have passed, I feel like this exam does not do a good job of testing ones knowledge, but rather tries to confuse you. Also, I find it semi-inhumane that restroom/check-in time takes away from your time. I have a small bladder, and had to go twice, and do not wish anyone to have to suffer through being uncomfortable on top of trying to pass this exam . Anywho, I have voiced my honest thoughts, and hope they help someone out there. :silly: Thank you PrepCast/Cornelius for helping me reach this achievement!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ade Alexander
Last edit: by Christina Curro.

Passed on 2nd Attempt 5 years 2 weeks ago #16736

• Jenikka Ebias
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Christina,

We're so glad we have another exam passer in our midst, CONGRATULATIONS! Thank you for sharing your lessons learned here with us. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

Passed on 2nd Attempt 5 years 2 weeks ago #16747

• Brett Ullman
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Christina, Where did you find the podcasts?

Passed on 2nd Attempt 5 years 2 weeks ago #16758

• Christina Curro
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello Brett,

Once you purchase the package that includes the podcasts, you should receive a "Thanks for Your Order" email with instructions on how to set-up your podcasts on your phone or tablet. I listened to them to and from work every day. If you can bare to listen to them at a higher speed, the lessons go by faster, and you learn to take-in the information at a faster rate. However this does seem quite annoying at first.

I would highly recommend getting the simulations as well. The neat thing is you can take short timed or non-timed quizzes at any length that you choose, and the questions come from the same pool of questions as the 200 questions as the simulations. Like I said, i did at least four 10 question quizzes a day, and more if I could fit it in. Good luck!

Regards,

Christina

Passed on 2nd Attempt 5 years 2 weeks ago #16765

• Sijie Bi
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello Christina,

May I ask if the quizzes you mentioned is the "PMP Exam Simulator" and "The Timed/Learning Quiz Engine"?
I bought the package and the Exam Simulator and the Quiz Engine are part of it. However, since the questioins are not sectioned by chapters, it feels like I had to finish the whole training and the book first in order to start the quiz.

Please letting me know if I'm looking at the right directio, or if you have other sources of practice questions for each learning chapter (or each class section).

Thank you very much.

Passed on 2nd Attempt 5 years 2 weeks ago #16778

• Christina Curro
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello,
Yes, I am referring to the “Times & Learning Quizzes” under the “PMP Exam Simulator.” You can focus your quizzes by selecting from the drop-down areas under “select criteria,” or by changing the drop down under “include questions.” I typically did Random & Include all questions, but it’s really whatever works best for your study plan. Cornelius points out, and I paraphrase, that one of the best ways to gauge your current level of understanding is how well you can answer questions for the first time. For example, if you do random, you will definitely get repeat questions, and start to memorize the answers, thus not actively gauging your understanding.
Hope this helps! Just keep pushing, because once you pass, all your hard work will be worth it!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sijie Bi
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login